Job: Facility Maintenance Manager
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Title: Facility Maintenance Manager
Company: GEO Care, Inc.
Location: FL - Indiantown
Job Type: Facilities
Installation - Maint - Repair
Base Pay: N/A
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Required Experience: At least 5 year(s)
Other: Health Insurance, 401(k), Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement
Required Travel: Not Specified
Employee Type: Full-Time
Relocation Covered: Not Specified
Job ID: 188-TREASURE
This position plans, directs, coordinates and controls all facility maintenance to ensure proper safety, sanitation, and mechanical functions for all buildings, grounds, and equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that overall maintenance of the facility.
- Conducts and oversees the preventive and corrective maintenance programs
- Evaluates all maintenance request forms, sets priorities, and process departmental work assignments.
- Hires contractors or subcontractors to perform maintenance work too specialized or extensive to be performed by the maintenance staff.
- Works with other department heads to address compliance issues.
- Monitors all operations of the maintenance staff. Prepares daily and monthly work schedules for the department staff.
- Maintains all maintenance records.
- Purchases supplies for the department from approved sources.
- Conducts training on life safety and other programs
- Works with the business office to maintain all appropriate permits and licensing.
- Provides reports on all life safety, maintenance issues.
- Performs routine inspections of all HVAC, emergency and disaster systems and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction, or business related field is required. Master's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of facilities management experience, five (5) of which should be a comparable environment to the assigned facility. This individual will have experience in a healthcare or institutional setting and experience in a secure forensic facility.
- Experience required in Life Safety Systems computerized work order management and preventive maintenance systems
- Joint commission experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present information in a concise and understandable manner. Must be able to work with all levels within the facility.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in groups.
- Ability to use personal computers and the software applications typically used by the facility.
Intangibles Job Functions:
- The ability to report for work on time
- The ability to follow direction from a supervisor
- The ability to interact effectively with co-workers
- The ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- The ability to accept constructive criticism
- The ability to work and function in a stressful environment.
- The ability to work effectively as member of a team.
- Ability to read and communicate in English
- High degree of empathetic listening, tact and kindness toward others
- The ability to communicate well verbally
ADA/Physical Demands: Work is medium demand; walking and standing most of the time while on duty. This may include light to moderate lifting of patients and equipment up to 15 &- 20 pounds, bending and reaching. Requires ability to perform physically in aggressive patient management. Requires good vision, hearing and color distinction.
The physical requirements described herein are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform he primary functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.
Join GEO today for a world of opportunities and an exciting career!