Job: Human Resources Representative / IRC45752
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Dish
Browse Similar Jobs: Human Resources - Generalists
DISH Network is an innovative industry leader distinguished by its pioneering spirit. Ever since our establishment in 1980, we?ve been the ideal workplace for people with adventurous spirit and creativity, who are smart risk takers and aggressive winners - all those for whom the status quo just isn?t enough. Our Fortune 200 Company continues to define the curve in television entertainment. We are always improving and extending our products and delivering greater value to people, including our workforce of 25,000 plus. Come explore the big picture with us!
The HR Representative?s primary responsibilities are to support DISH Network business partners and DISH Network HR with recruitment, employee relations, compliance, training and general compensation and benefits issues and strategies.
Skills / Requirements
- Consults with department managers to determine appropriate human resources priorities.
- Participates in the review of operational business strategy and objectives to determine the implication on human resources objectives.
- Advises management of risks associated with current business practices and recommends improvements by providing expertise to management in local, state and federal employment laws.
- Proactively makes recommendations to improve HR operations and value added to business operations.
- Promptly reports any compliance related concerns to Senior HR Management team and works through appropriate resolution.
- Conducts training of human resources objectives to management including regulatory compliance training, policy and procedures training and corporate communication initiatives.
- Maintains communication with departments on all human resources related issues.
- Reports recommendations and alternatives to human resources strategy to higher level managers.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Works independently on objectives.
- Receives very little supervision and is able to schedule priorities independently according to business needs.
- Ensures that human resources needs are met in a timely manner at all times.
- Is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service and accessibility to the managers and employees of DISH Network.
- Maintains excellent relationships with both direct business partners and peripheral departments that interact with direct support groups (i.e. closely related departments, payroll, accounting, etc.)
- Understands and can articulate department and DISH Network corporate business goals, including financial impacts of HR actions.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university, Master's degree preferred, or four years of direct experience; and six years related experience and/or training. Professional in Human Resources or comparable HR certification preferred. Solid knowledge of local, state and federal laws governing recruiting and employment issues.