Job: Part-Time Bilingual (Eng/Spa) Lab/X-Ray Tech
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Pediatric Associates
South Florida parents have been choosing Pediatric Associates for the healthcare of their children for more than 55 years. Our long history in the South Florida community is a testament to our unwavering commitment to providing affordable, quality and accessible healthcare to area children. We provide primary pediatric care to infants, children and adolescents from newborns to age 21. Our board-certified pediatricians are on staff at most of the area‚s major hospitals and we have relationships with most insurance carriers. Our mission is to deliver the best, most up to date and most comprehensive medical services to area families. By providing on-site services, such as lab and X-ray, sick care 365 days a year, free support groups, chronic disease management assistance, educational and safety classes and events, we also strive to serve as your family‚s total resource for raising healthy and happy children.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Performance of laboratory procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology and Microbiology.
2. Performance and documentation of daily quality control, instrument
maintenance, instrument and work area cleaning.
3. Perform phlebotomy utilizing standard procedures of positive patient identification, procedure to include venipuncture, fingersticks and heelsticks.
4. Perform Proficiency surveys and documentation of results in a timely manner.
5. Assist the Laboratory Manager and Technical Supervisor with training of co-workers in lab/x-ray procedures.
6. Performance of diagnostic medical x-rays with x-ray processing and filing of x-rays.
7. Clerical duties including preparation of send out specimens, charting of results and recording procedures on a daily patient log.
8. Maintain inventory of lab and x-ray supplies, reorder and stock supplies of assigned area
9. Other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant or LPN Program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of laboratory quality control requirements. Knowledge of universal precaution procedures in medical safety practices. Skilled in phlebotomy. Ability to communicate with physician staff to efficiently order testing and notify abnormal results. Ability to react calmly to stressful situations. Ability to organize tasks. Ability to perform necessary vital signs for pediatrics and obtain patient histories. Knowledge of basic medical terminology, and immunization requirements for children. Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly. Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Active CPR certification required.
Licensure: Technician must be licensed by the State of Florida HRS as a Clinical Laboratory Technician, or must have a license from the State of Florida HRS as an Exclusive Use Technician.
Required license for Basic Operator X-Ray Technician or make application to obtain a license.
Experience: Prefer one year work experience in a medical office setting. Experience required in laboratory procedures. Knowledge of computer desired. Must be bilingual.