Job: Payroll Manager
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Accounting/Auditing
Supervises all aspects of payroll operations and reports results to upper Management. Directs, coordinates and supervises activities of staff to ensure proper procedures are in place and internal controls are maintained in and around automated and manual systems. Maintains effective working relationship with staff, company personnel and agencies.
1.Hires, trains, coaches and evaluates payroll personnel within the payroll department.
2.Designs, implements and monitors payroll department functions to ensure effective controls are in place to maximize efficiencies within the Payroll Department.
3.Works closely with Auditors on an as needed basis to ensure all controls are in place.
4.Responsible for development, maintenance and internal controls for balancing all pay classes to include automated timekeeping system as well as to assure uninterrupted functioning of timekeeping system. Maintains necessary communication with automated timekeeping system with regard to problems and needs as determined by individual divisions.
5.Reviews and verifies the accuracy of Accounting/Payroll/Benefit records, source documents and general information.
6.Maintains ongoing communication with contacts in associated departments (Physician Services, Accounting, and Human Resources).
7.Responsible for monthly journal entries required by Financial Services, to include but not limited to, Locums clinical and expense tracking.
1.Keeps current of all changes in Federal and State laws as they pertain to payroll in all states; implements changes when necessary. Reads and researches to be continually updated on constant changes affecting payroll taxes and procedures.
2.Responsible for meeting reporting requirements for payroll, benefits and human resources.
3.Documents, updates and communicates payroll procedures as necessary. Establishes internal control procedures as well as manual check processing requirements.
4.Updates and maintains necessary controls for transfer of employees, whether state changes or Federal identification changes.
5.Provides assistance and research for reports and projects as requested by the CFO.
6.Possesses the ability to approach all aspects of payroll with confidentiality.
7.Other duties as determined necessary.
8.Work closely with corporate to ensure that all facility transitions, new business and acquisitions are completed correctly.
Skills / Requirements
1. Associates Degree or B/S in Accounting or related field preferred.
1. Requires 5 years Management of 5 or more employees a must.
2. Experience in a Healthcare environment helpful.
3. Knowledge of Automated Timekeeping System, Tax compliance, Excel a must. Experience in a multi-state, high volume, fast paced environment 3000+ employees.
4. Experience with in house payroll systems a must. Lawson experience a plus.
1. Position requires solid, accurate judgment and decision making in regard to payroll and tax compliance, as well as responding to employee questions and problems. Judgment and decision making ability must be relayed to agencies, employees and service bureaus with courteous professionalism at all times.
2. Strong Interpersonal, Organizational and Communication skills are essential.
3. Must be able to communicate effectively and resolve problems with a positive attitude. Able to work closely with Accounting Managers, Directors, Vice Presidents, affiliate Managers and Human Resources.
All resumes must include a cover letter and salary requirements
There are no jobs currently listed.