Job: Restaurant Manager
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Location: Miami Beach, FL
Department Mission Statement
To provide the Setai standard of customer service in an open kitchen setting. Dishes are served sharing style in native crockery from Thailand, China, Singapore, Malaysia and India.
Assist with the management of the Restaurant to ensure a successful and profitable operation.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum two years experience in a food and beverage supervisory position in a luxury hotel environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management or equivalent relevant management experience.
- Knowledge of international cuisine and dining trends.
- Ensure all employees members are fully conversant with all menus and are able to explain to guests each menu item in detail and make recommendations if required.
- Assist with conducting pre-shift briefings and distribute assignments as directed.
- Assist with the hiring and training of employees in accordance with hotel guidelines.
- Effectively manage employees ensuring that the operation meets hotel operating standards.
- Assist the Restaurant Manager in achieving goals.
- Periodically conduct physical inventories of all linens and supplies as requested.
- Prepare requisitions for approval to ensure par stock levels are maintained for all items.
- Ensure accurate record keeping.
- Establish and maintain a Daily Log Book.
- Monitor guest comments and provide suggestions for corrective action.
- In addition, other duties may be required as directed by your Manager.