Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Posting Job TitleAP Specialist
Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
In this role, you will be responsible for a range of general staff accounting tasks but will be primarily responsible for all accounting work associated with processing accounts payable, expense reporting, sales/use tax submission and operating fund requests. As the AP Specialist, you will match documents, obtain proper approvals, code and enter vouchers, assemble voucher packages, and process check payments, ACH disbursement files and wire requests. The ideal candidate will possess their Associate's degree in Accounting, 2+ years of relevant work experience in government contracting and have Deltek Costpoint and Deltek Time & Expense (T&E) Experience.
- Be responsible for all accounting work necessary to insure accounts payable are processed in a timely and efficient manner
- Process and review vendor invoices, employee expense reports and operating fund requests for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with FAR, FTR, CAS, Company policies and specific contract terms
- Prepare voucher packages for review and approval
- Review and audit electronic expense reports
- Maintain accounts payable files
- Effectively handle vendor and employee inquiries including account research, correspondence and communications when needed
- Provide employee training on proper expense report preparation
- Identify and accrue sales and use tax monthly
- Coordinate with purchasing and receiving personnel to ensure timely close-out of open purchase orders
- Prepare 1099 forms annually and file in accordance with IRS deadlines
- Prepare assigned account reconciliations and ensure timely resolution of all credit card charges
- Maintain AP inbox (Preparation of invoices that come electronically, wire request processing, resolving issues, etc.)
- Coordinate and assist with administrative duties, and other tasks as needed.
- Associates degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a government contracting environment with a basic understanding of FAR and CAS regulations
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work efficiently
- Must be organized and have a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Deltek Costpoint experience
- Deltek Time & Expense (T&E) experience
- Ability to interact and communicate, both oral and written, with individuals across the organization
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion.
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.5 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 17,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, work-life balance, and tailored career development programs that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Coverage Employee Assistance
- Program Performance Reviews & Advancement Opportunities
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm, however, some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.