Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Monitors and patrols assigned areas to provide a safe environment for guest and residents and employees and to minimize opportunities for loss or damage. Anticipates potential problems and reacts to disturbances and prohibited conduct. Responds to emergency situations as needed.
Director of Security and/or Shift Supervisor.
All areas of Resort and surrounding property.
Job involves working:
- Under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
- Under variable noise levels.
- Around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- Around dust and/or mite hazards.
- Around chemicals.
- A lot of walking
- Standing for long periods of time
All Resort Staff.
Resort Guest, Resident Guest and residents/visitors, Police Department, Fire Department, vendors and contractors.
- Criminal-free record.
- High school graduate.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest and resident’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, resident, and departmental information and pertinent resort data.
- Work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- 2 years of experience.
- Experience with computers.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system computers.
- Experience in Hospitality Industry in similar position.
- Previous guest and residents relations training.
- Certification of previous training in computers.
- Certification of previous training in alcohol awareness program.
- Knowledge of local laws, investigative methods and fire safety.
- Certification in CPR and first aid.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Excellent driving record.
- Exert physical effort in transporting 35-40 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Reach 2 feet.
- Remain in stationary position for 8 hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guest and residents, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to walk extended periods of time.
- Ability to running up the stairs
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guest and residents’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guest and
residents, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest and residents relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all resort services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest and residents inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest and residents complaints, ensuring guest and resident satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete awareness of:
a) Scheduled group activities and house count.
b) Resort facilities and services.
c) Hours of operation.
d) Facility layout.
e) Fire and emergency plans.
f) Departmental rules of conduct.
- Review department log records and be familiar with pertinent information relevant to the daily shift.
- Review the resort status and follow up actions with the previous shift officer.
- Issue radios and keys to designated resort personnel. Maintain accurate records and ensure the safekeeping of such.
- Issue employee I.D.'s
- Ensure all non-resort personnel arriving at employee entrance are properly escorted while on property.
- Inspect employee packages, purses, bags, etc. as employees enter or leave the property.
- Provide escorts for employees.
- Ensure that after hours access into secured resort areas are properly authorized, monitored and documented.
- Handle deliveries received during non-business hours.
- Work with outside agencies (i.e., police).
- Coordinate emergency situations.
20. Contact the Director of Security immediately for emergency situations.
21. Monitor surveillance cameras.
22. Investigate duress alarms.
23. Patrol the property with specified equipment, checking all designated points and document all actions taken.
24. Resolve safety hazard situations.
25. Ensure all guest and resident room doors are secured; assist guest and residents with room access.
26. Investigate suspicious persons on resort property.
27. Conduct designated investigations into theft or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints and other guest and residents complaints; complete documented reports.
28. Respond to the scene of guest and residents/employee accident promptly; administer first aid/CPR; communicate specified information to E.M.S./medical personnel as required.
29. Report to scenes of guest and residents or employee issues.
30. Comply with state regulations and resort guidelines for handling intoxicated guest and residents.
31. Coordinate towing of vehicles.
32. Report to scenes of vehicles accidents/thefts and document specified information.
33. Assist in moving/removing guest and resident room possessions, inventory and security of such and "E" key rooms.
34. Document, organize and store all lost and found items given to Security; document guest and residents inquiries for lost items and coordinate return of lost items to guest and residents.
35. Comply with guest and residents requests for storing and safekeeping of their valuables.
36. Maintain confidentiality of all Security and resort reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
37. Answer the departmental telephone.
38. Communicate by radio with designated resort personnel.
39. Prepare work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering.
40. Legibly complete designated reports.
41. Document all pertinent information in the daily shift log.
42. Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review resort status and any follow-up actions with on-coming Security Officer.
43. Complete any and all tasks as requested or directed by Acqualina Management.