Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chemo IV Pharmacy Tech | Tamarac, FL
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Chemo IV Pharmacy Tech needed for an Oncology Practice in the Tamarac, FL area.
Must have Chemo IV mixing experience
Must be licensed in the state of Florida
- Verify orders with MD or RN.
- Performs IV admixture following recommendations of package inserts.
- Follows strict aseptic technique for preparing all medications for patients.
- Uses biomedical safety cabinet (hood) for compounding of all cytotoxic agents and biologicals.
- Labels all medications appropriately with patients name, medication name, dose, and mixing instructions such that RN’s can verify correct medications have been prepared for the right patient.
- Monitors and documents medication refrigerator temperatures.
- Monitors and document pressure reading on all biomedical safety cabinet (hood)
- Disposes of hazardous material according to guidelines established by Stericycle and Clean Fuels.
- Performs decontamination procedures of all areas with the pharmacy.
- Follows OSHA guidelines.
- Enters all appropriate medication information into Nucleus machine. This includes but is not limited to medication identifiers, vial size, dosing information, and location of medication with the secured cabinets of the Nucleus machine.
- Monitors flow of medications and rotates stock.
- Monitors and orders medication as necessary for patient care.
Please send your resume to schedule an interview.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Tamarac, FL
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.