Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Training Specialist - Full-Time in Aventura, FL at Benihana
at Benihana Restaurants
The Training Specialist conducts integrated training needs assessments. This role evaluates, designs, coordinates and delivers a comprehensive range of training aids and programs for the restaurants in the field as well as for our Restaurant Support Center. This position reports directly to the Director of Training within the Company’s Kaizen Operations team.Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in analyzing and assessing training and development needs for individuals and groups.
- Delivers company training programs and workshop materials covering a range of technical, operational, and/or management areas for the field and Restaurant Support Center.
- Monitors the effectiveness of training on employees using individual or group performance results.
- Contributes to new training program design and existing program enhancements.
- Develops and creates training aids in a variety of different formats, e.g. communications, posters, courses, videos, photos, quizzes, etc.
- Recommends utilization of third-party programs that meet the Company’s instructional goals and objectives.
- Collects feedback on sessions/courses from attendees/users to use for future improvements to content and presentation.
- Coordinates administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs.
- Supports administration of the Company’s Learning Management System (LMS) (e.g. reporting, course assignments, maintenance of completion records, Management-in-Training program, etc.).
- Review work of peer training staff to ensure content is adequately explained and easy to understand. Maintain training and communication content on the company’s servers, intranet, and LMS.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to meet deadlines.
- Supervisory responsibilities: None
- Expert level in written and verbal communications skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to interact skillfully with all levels of the organization in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Firm grasp of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
- Experience in SharePoint website maintenance.
- Must be exceedingly well organized, detail oriented, accurate and timely with assigned tasks.
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (WiseTail or Schoox experience a plus!).
- Ability to work with and modify multimedia files (e.g. photos, videos, etc.).
- Prior experience in a restaurant setting is preferred.
- 2 - 4 years SharePoint website maintenance experience.
- 2 - 4 years of experience with multimedia development (e.g. photos, videos, etc.).
- 2 - 4 years of LMS platform administration experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, training, HR or related field required or 2 – 4 years in a restaurant training role.