BrightLine Partners LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Middleware Software Engineer
at BrightLine Partners LLC
Brightline provides a unique and enriching opportunity to be a part of a new transportation alternative that is
keenly focused on hospitality and guest service. The Technology Department is responsible for the strategic
planning and operational delivery of all technology related endeavors. Key functional areas include Finance,
Marketing, Sales, Digital Commerce, Guest Services, Train Operations, Safety, Security, Legal, Public Affairs
As an essential member of the Technology team, you are responsible for designing, coding, testing, and
analyzing software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and
modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. You will collaborate with your peers
within the Technology team and your Key Stakeholders from the functional areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Successful candidates must demonstrate excellence in strategic and critical thinking, issue
resolution and matrix leadership.
- Design, code, test and analyze Application Programming Interfaces (API’s), error logging,
monitoring and alerting systems that integrate front end programs and applications to back
end programs and applications using Dell Boomi and C#.
- Analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate manner and provide status
reports where required.
- Demonstrate ability to assist developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and
development of new software programs and applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and
standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the
purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Create a work culture that fosters innovation, creativity, and effective use of company
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities shift frequently.
- Ability to support a 24x7x365 business operation.
- We are a new business model – agile and evolving. The job description isn’t meant to be a
complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of equivalent work experience or 9
years of equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 6 months of experience coding API’s with enhanced error
logging, monitoring and alerting using Dell Boomi or at least 2 years of equivalent
work experience with Jitterbit, MuleSoft or other middleware software development
- Preferred 2 years of Railroad experience and/or 2 years of Hospitality
- Preferred Microsoft Certifications, proficiency with SQL Server and working in an
Azure private cloud environment.
- Satisfactory knowledge of front-end technology and standards including HTML,
software engineers and enable API development.
- Proficient with Git version control system and branching strategies.
- Familiarity with modern continuous integration concepts and tools, particularly
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop and maintain quality software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple vendor partners from multiple
geographic locations and time zones.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to travel offsite as needed, work includes occasional weekend or after
hours’ time as needed, with the ability to be on-call 24/7 on a weekly rotation.
- You have sound judgment, thinking and acting independently, expressing clear
and effective verbal communication skills to interact with Teammates.
- You are able to lift, climb, push and/or bend for extended periods of time and
have the ability to lift objects and with weights in excess of 50 pounds in a safe
NOTE: JOB DESCRIPTION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON BUSINESS NECESSITY.
Brightline Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Brightline Management, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.