BrightLine Partners LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Station Maintenance Engineer
at BrightLine Partners LLC
Be a Part of the Future, Join the Team that is Reimagining Train Travel
Brightline provides a unique and enriching opportunity to be a part of a new transportation alternative that is keenly focused on hospitality and guest service. Our Stations Operation team takes pride in our modern, new stations and the experiences our guests encounter during their time there. Teammates ensure our guests’ first and last impression of their Brightline journey exceed their expectations of train travel at every opportunity - from assisting guests by relieving them of their check-in baggage to helping them navigate and enjoy our pristine stations while answering any questions they may have. While serving food and beverages with a warm smile and showing genuine interest in their well-being and comfort, our guests soon notice that this is not your average station, journey, or experience. This is Brightline!
As an essential member of the Brightline Station Operations team, you are critical get to work in our beautiful stations each and every day to create a safe, clean, and pleasant environment for yourself, fellow teammates, and our guests. Your professionalism and constant attention to detail will showcase our new modern, safe and convenient stations, and ensure our guests return time and time again.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure our stations remain impeccable, perform all routine maintenance in public spaces, including but not limited to; lounges, café, platforms, restrooms, offices, back of the house areas, and grounds.
- Monitor and complete reactive projects and operate a preventative maintenance program; daily, weekly, monthly.
- Complete minor electrical maintenance including replacing and repairing fixtures such as bulbs, minor appliances, and kitchen equipment.
- Routinely inspect equipment to identify items in need of repair and restore equipment to working order
- Complete general plumbing repairs throughout the station and grounds.
- Performs minor repairs on walls, carpets, furniture, fixtures, marble, glass, mirror and other surfaces.
- Use both power and hand tools regularly in a safe and efficient manner.
- Prepare the maintenance cart each day and ensure the safe carriage and use of, all equipment and tools, safely closing off/clearing areas as necessary, to avoid injury to yourself and others.
- Monitor building management systems for effectiveness, efficiency and safety; coordinate with Station Managers to manage utilities costs.
- Demonstrate familiarity with, and monitor, the station’s safety and security systems and take any needed corrective action immediately.
- Contribute to station preparedness during fire drill and emergencies by being an active member of the station fire team, and being proactive at all times.
- Report any hazards or injuries and take immediate corrective action.
- Coordinate with Safety and Security department and local first responders to deliver timely responses to life safety systems.
- Handle master keys in accordance with Brightline’s standards keeping safety and security the focal point at all times.
- We are a new business model – agile and evolving. This job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do.
- You have a minimum of two years’ previous work in a related field such as Maintenance Engineer.
- General knowledge of technical fields, such as carpentry, painting, and electrical, is expected.
- It is a PLUS if you have proven experience analyzing repetitive equipment failures and forecasting spare parts.
- You have sound judgment, thinking and acting independently, expressing clear and effective verbal communication skills to interact with guests and other teammates to ensure exceptional guest service.
- You love working around people, stay positive while standing/walking for hours on end (including in stressful times) and adapt your communication style to fit a diverse group of people.
- You are safety-focused in your day-to-day life.
- Your verbal communication skills are well suited to interact with guests and other teammates of all ranks, to ensure exceptional guest service and impeccably high standards of safety and comfort.
- Standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing pulling, climbing ladders, working in small spaces, and being physically active for entire shifts, is something you embrace.
- You are able to work shifts, including weekend and holidays.
- You are a minimum of 18 years old.
- You have and can show legal permission to work in the United States.
- You speak, read, and write English at a High School level.