Carillon Miami Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carillon Miami Beach
Under the direction of the Director of Engineering and Assistant Director of Engineering, The primary function of the custodian is to do daily specific cleaning within the hotel buildings and property, as directed. The position will include maintenance work. This role is responsible for insuring that the property is maintained in the best possible condition, with the least inconvenience to the guest and residents.
Essential Job Functions
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Clean chimneys, flues, and connecting pipes, using power and hand tools.
- Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
- Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a hotel/resort or directly related industrial or facility maintenance.
- Must possess communication and organizational skills with the ability to work with a variety of people.
- Must possess sufficient stamina to work under all types of weather conditions and to lift, carry, push, and/or pull a variety of tools, equipment and materials.
- Physically capable of performing rigorous tasks including working from ladders, working beneath equipment, and in various conditions and settings are required for the normal performance of assigned tasks.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends.
- Possession of a valid Florida driver license.
Walk-In Interview Hours:
No Appointments Necessary.
Must submit application online prior to attending an interview.
Parking meters available, Valet parking will NOT be validated.