Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Nursing Faculty (Part Time) - Maternal Child
at Chamberlain University
- Job ID
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Employment Type
- Temporary Part-Time
- FLSA Status
- U.S. - Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
Do you remember the professor who encouraged you to believe in yourself and in your ability to be the successful nurse professional you are today? Now you have the unique opportunity to be that professor and create the "a-ha" moment of sudden insight and comprehension that will change a nursing student's life forever.
Chamberlain College of Nursing is seeking Part-Time Clinical Instructors in the greater Broward and Miami areas interested in teaching students in our Bachelors of Science in Nursing program studying at our Miramar, FL campus.
We are seeking candidates for the March 2020 8-week session and future sessions with immediate need for the following specialty:
Maternal Child Nursing
This course focuses on family-centered approaches to maternal/newborn care and incorporates health promotion and wellness issues. The childbearing cycle, including normal experience, high-risk factors, complications and alterations are studied. Additional women’s health issues are included.
Additional teaching opportunities are available in the areas of Adult Health/ Med/Surg, Collaborative Healthcare, Community Health, Mental Health, Pediatrics, Critical Care, Fundamental nursing and more.
If you are passionate about nursing and advancing your career through the power of education, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity today.
- Implements the College's philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through clinical teaching, and service to the College, community, health system and profession.
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching loads.
- Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals.
- Makes self-available to staff at the agencies.
- Evaluates and provides documented feedback to student on level of performance based on course objectives.
- Is available for remediation of students as required or needed.
- Orients and maintains current knowledge related to agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations with the assistance of the agency/clinical personnel.
- Develops and posts written clinical assignments consistent with student's knowledge base, skill competency and individual learning needs.
- Corrects and returns homework, quizzes, tests, lab assignments, clinical paperwork and other written work in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of the programs and the College.
- May teach didactic course content under supervision of course coordinator.
- Keeps course coordinator informed of all student and agency issues and concerns.
- Works with college administration, staff and other faculty members to improve the overall operation of the college and student satisfaction rates.
- Participates in the implementation of the College Assessment Program, campus retention efforts, and both departmental and campus policies.
- Serves as a professional role model for other faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, dress, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Utilizes relationship skills in situations requiring group problem solving, consensus building, and win-win negotiation.
- Complies with all applicable regulatory rules and standards.
- Reports to the dean or assistant dean: a course coordinator will also provide direct oversight.
- Handles related duties as assigned.
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you have:
- A master's or doctoral degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college or university
- An unencumbered professional nursing license in Florida
- At least two years professional experience within last five years in the area of instruction as a registered nurse
- Teaching or precepting experience is preferred but not required
- Have genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning
- Have exceptional subject matter expertise with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
Adtalem Global Education is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today!
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University’s mission is to educate, empower and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities and nations. Chamberlain University is an accredited institution comprised of the College of Nursing, which offers a three-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and flexible post-licensure programs such as the RN to BSN option, Master of Science in Nursing degree program, Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program and graduate certificates, and the College of Health Professions, which offers a Master in Public Health degree program. For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation.
Chamberlain University continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education as well as advance healthcare outcomes in communities across the country and around the world. Chamberlain University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States