Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cleaning Supervisor Full Time
at Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Job Type:100% Reimbursed
Job Posting Title:Cleaning Supervisor Full Time
Job Description Summary:POSITION SUMMARY
RESPONSIBLE FOR COORDINATING, SCHEDULING, AND SUPERVISING THE ACTIVITIES OF THE BUILDING/FACILITY CLEANING STAFF AND ENSURING THAT THE CLEANERS KEEP OFFICES, HALLWAYS, STAIRS, AND OTHER AREAS WITHIN THE BUILDING IN CLEAN AND ORDERLY CONDITION BY PERFORMING BASIC CLEANING DUTIES. MAY ALSO SUPERVISE THE PERFORMANCE OF THE CLEAN-UP AND BASIC MAINTENANCE OF THE SURROUNDING GROUNDS AND PREMISES.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises, schedules, and assigns the cleaning staff in the daily interior cleaning of the building which includes emptying waste receptacles, debris and trash removal, vacuuming/shampooing floors and carpets, dusting and cleaning furniture, cleaning restrooms, washing walls, polishing, mopping floors, cleaning up spills, cleaning windows and window coverings, etc., in accordance with established procedures
• Assigns tasks and inspects building areas to see that work has been done properly, issue supplies and equipment, and conducts and inventory of materials to ensure that an adequate amount of supplies are always present
• May conduct or assist with the screening and hiring of job applicants, training new and experienced employees, conducting performance reviews, and making recommendations to management on promotions, transfers, or dismissals
• May be required to prepare and present reports concerning the occupancy of rooms, hours worked, staff assignments, tasks/duties performed, and department expenses
• May be required to supervise and assist with the performance and scheduling of exterior building and premises cleaning and basic maintenance including exterior walls and windows, parking lots and structures, gardens and lawns, pools/spas, curbs/gutters, exterior hallways and stairwells, etc.
• May be required to assign staff to assist with minor maintenance and repair work including painting, replacement of lights bulbs and fixtures (interior and exterior), replacement of windows, moving furniture and equipment, repairing doors and gates, minor landscaping and related upkeep and repairs, and simple plumbing and fixture repairs/replacements
• May supervise or perform other assigned duties (depending on the building, facility, and client needs) including gardening and lawn care, assisting with inventory control and supply ordering, snow removal, and assisting with tenant moves
• Expected to promptly respond to and notify management of spills and emergency situations, need for major and minor building/facility repairs, lights that are out or broken, broken equipment and fixtures, damaged structures, ruptured pipes/plumbing, problems with heating/cooling and ventilation, and any other observable safety issues/concerns
• Expected to ensure the proper and safely operation (including training) of cleaning equipment, tools, devices, chemical/cleaning agents including mops, vacuums, electric polishing machines, power tools and equipment, and special cleaning solutions in order to efficiently perform the duties and to avoid harming floors, fixtures, individuals, and building staff.
1. Organization Skills
3. Detail Oriented
5. Collaboration Skills
6. Results Oriented
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
• A minimum of 2 years related experience, preferably at the supervisory level
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Basic mechanical knowledge
• Must be able to follow and provide both oral and written instructions
• Must be able to follow through and carry out work orders and coordinate and schedule others to perform such work
• Ability to supervise and yet work collaboratively with others
• Must be reliable, thorough, observant, very organized, flexible and courteous
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK) is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 51,000 employees in 400 offices and 70 countries. In 2018, the firm had revenue of $8.2 billion across core services of property, facilities and project management, leasing, capital markets, valuation and other services. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
For US Applicants:
Cushman & Wakefield is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.We hire the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Cushman & Wakefield is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com