Dental Care Alliance
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dental Care Alliance
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Dental Care Alliance is seeking a professional to grow with our company and join the Procurement Team as a Buyer. The role reports to the Director of Procurement and will compile/maintain business transactions records and office/department activities of the organization. Research, evaluate, and purchasing of products to meet daily operational needs and support of our affiliated practices. This is a full-time position that will be located at our office in Lakewood Ranch/Sarasota, Florida 34240. This position offers a competitive salary, plus benefits!
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Arrange transportation of good and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Cultivate new sources for supplies and products.
- Secure product samples, photos and descriptions for departments/offices.
- Prepare purchase orders or bid requests, searching for the most competitive bid.
- Make purchase decisions in accordance with company procedures and regulations.
- Receive and contacts vendors to find out status of placed orders.
- Contact vendors with discrepancies pertaining to quantity and quality.
- Interface with all departments and resolves problems and issues as necessary and in an efficient and timely manner.
- Partner with department/office managers to clarify purchase requisitions, identify departmental needs, and refine qualifications for future orders; clarify internal purchasing procedures.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the company’s inventory tracking system.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying activities.
- Provide analysis on cost, new and existing, and review cost reduction activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Quality of Work – Consistently produces acceptable quality of work and only requires a reasonable amount of supervision.
- Initiative – Demonstrates a strong work ethic. Takes the appropriate risks and focuses on outcomes. Needs only a reasonable level of supervision.
- Communication – Demonstrates effective listening skills. Maintains eye contact. Focuses on content. Is thoughtful and articulate when speaking with others. Has good written and oral communication skills.
- Customer Service – Is attentive and responsive to the needs of others. Handles difficult situations with patience, tact and grace. Accurately identifies and anticipates needs. Flexible with making adjustments in service delivery.
- Punctuality/Time Management – Is reliable and punctual to work and all meetings, functions and training. Fulfills commitments on time that contribute to team goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and touch challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Partners with others to get work done. Gains trust and support of others.
Education & Qualifications/Training:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics or related field strongly preferred
- Three (3) years previous buying experience strongly preferred, or ability to demonstrate comparable combination of knowledge and skill
- Ability to exercise independent judgement
- Solid understanding of contractual terms and conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills; Excel, Microsoft, Word, and Power Point
- Demonstrates aptitude in effective negotiating and critical thinking
- Familiarity with market research, data analysis and forecasting techniques
- Familiarity with an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system or Procure to Pay system