Dental Care Alliance
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dental Care Alliance
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Dental Assistant
We are looking to hire a Dental Assistant for our affiliate practice, Main Street Children's Dentistry and Orthodontics of Homestead, located in Homestead, FL. This is a full-time position. The Dental Assistant we hire is required to have Dental Assistant experience, or training from a formal Dental Assistant program; an x-ray license for the state of Florida is preferred but not required. Candidates must have excellent patient care customer service skills as well as be a team player. We offer a competitive salary, plus benefits!
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- X-ray license for the state in which you work, preferred but not required
- Experience working as a Dental Assistant, or training from a formal Dental Assistant program, preferred
Additional benefits for full-time employees:
- Dental services
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 6 paid holidays off
- 401k to name a few