Dental Care Alliance
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Data Scientist
at Dental Care Alliance
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Dental Care Alliance (DCA), one of the Top 50 growth companies on Florida's Gulf Coast, is currently hiring a full-time Senior Data Scientist. This position can alternate between working remotely and the DCA service centers in either Sarasota (FL) or Green Bay (WI).
The Senior Data Scientist leverages DCA’s information systems to answer three primary questions: What happened? Why did it happen? What should we do about it? This is accomplished by querying data, cleaning data, building analytic models, and translating complex thoughts and analysis into simple recommendations for DCA leadership and affiliates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
1. General Functions:
a. Foster a desire to develop a deep understanding of the DCA business model
b. Understand DCA’s data structure, and how DCA’s business model and strategy are exhibited throughout the data
c. Analyze and model data to generate actionable insights. Translate complex data and modeling techniques into simple, actionable recommendations for DCA’s leadership team and affiliates.
d. On an ongoing basis, monitor the recommended actions and how they affect DCA’s performance.
2. Specific Outcomes:
a. Within the first three months of employment:
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of DCA’s business model
- Understand and help document DCA’s data structure
- Produce first analytic prediction: Case Acceptance
b. Within 3-6 months:
- Complete Case Acceptance dashboard (implemented in Tableau) to deliver key insights on an ongoing basis to the field
- Produce second analytic prediction: Doctor Turnover and Time-to-Fill
- Enhance existing Doctor Turnover dashboards with predictive insights
c. Within 6-12 months:
- Start to build the infrastructure to combine analytical models to provide guidance for 2021 budgeting
- Complete two more analytical models
- Bachelor’s degree with 7.5 years of relevant experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree with 5.0 years of relevant experience and advanced certification (e.g.
CPA, ASA, FSA) OR
- Master’s degree with 5.0 years of relevant experience
- Experience in development of predictive models including linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees, clustering.
- Experience with the following software applications: Microsoft Sql Server, R, Alteryx, Microsoft Excel, VBA
- Experience in using Tableu, Excel, and other software packages to summarize insights and deliver to key constituents
- Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
- Experience in creating reports, projections, models, and presentations to senior leadership and business partners
- Experience in extracting, developing, maintaining, and leveraging structured and unstructured datasets for analysis and reporting