Enercon Industries Corporation.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Summer 2020 Internship - Power Delivery (All Disciplines)
at Enercon Industries Corporation.
ENERCON is currently seeking Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Civil / Structural Interns for Summer 2020 in West Palm Beach. FL. Interns will help learn and support the design and analysis of changes to existing power plants as well as new plant systems. In addition, through the ENERCON Intern Development Program, interns will receive dedicated training and mentoring opportunities in technical, customer-focus and career topics, all targeted at their professional growth and development.
In support of engineering design and analysis projects for the power industry, interns will assist engineers with work requiring the application of basic technical principles, theories, standards and concepts. This will include reading and understanding design drawings and technical specifications as necessary to support preparation of project deliverables, such as calculations, specifications, and engineering evaluations. Interns will also work with and assist more senior Engineers/Technical Specialists on a directed project by project basis.
Responsibilities include gaining familiarity with and application of industry codes and government regulations. This position requires the use of discipline-specific computer analysis codes as well as standard office production software. Most projects are multi-disciplined and require extensive interface with other staff engineers as well as engineers working for our clients. Interns will get the chance to present gained experience to managers following the internship. Applicants must be local within the West Palm Beach area.
- Working towards a B.S. in either Mechanical, Civil/Structural, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Must be at least a Junior at the university and local to our HQ in West Palm Beach, FL
- Must be able to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparation of calculations is desired.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Good writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Enercon Services, Inc. is a long-standing and well-respected engineering and technical services consulting company. We provide premier services to companies in the energy, utility, and industrial sectors, as well as to governmental agencies across the U.S. and Internationally.
ENERCON is fully owned by our employees and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON, visit us at www.enercon.com. ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.