Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer 2
at Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Regular Full-Time
"IF YOU CREATE THE STAGE SETTING AND IT IS GRAND, EVERYONE WHO ENTERS WILL PLAY THEIR PART."
- Morris Lapidus
A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus - a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. Guests are invited to enter a world where they are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax - however they define a perfect day. Situated on oceanfront Collins Avenue in the heart of Millionaire's Row, Fontainebleau Miami Beach is one of the most historically and architecturally significant hotels on Miami Beach. Opened in 1954 and designed by Morris Lapidus, it was the most luxurious hotel on Miami Beach, and is thought to be the most significant building of Lapidus' career.
Responsible for performing protective and enforcement functions to maintain a safe and secure environment for hotel guests, visitors, and employees. Work is performed in all areas of the hotel.
- Respond to emergencies, disturbances, undesired conduct, and threats to life and property.
- Respond to assigned calls and initiate necessary reports and/or corrective action.
- Monitor the employee entrance/exit to ensure appropriate property business.
- Answer security telephone and dispatch calls to officers using a two-way radio system.
- Monitor surveillance system, fire alarm system, property access control door alarm system, and other systems in the security control room.
- Consult internally with Company personnel and departments to assure adequate security.
- Monitor pool area.
- Guest room door lock and safe repair.
- Conduct fire watch.
- Perform preventative maintenance on Security equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Well organized and demonstrated strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Bilingual highly desireable.
- High school education or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years hotel security experience. Military or law enforcement background preferred.