Gulf Coast Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON), RN
at Gulf Coast Health Care
To assist the Director of Nursing in leading and directing the overall nursing operation of the Center in accordance with residents'' needs, government regulations, and company policies so as to maintain excellent care for the residents while achieving the Center''s business objective.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the DON in working with management staff, Administrator, and Consultants in planning all aspects of the nursing operation, including setting priorities and job assignments. Monitor each unit''s activities as assigned, communicate policies, evaluate performance, provide feedback, and assist, coach, and discipline as needed.
- Conduct regular rounds to monitor delivery of nursing care, effective coordination with other support services, cleanliness and appearance of the residents, and morale of staff and to ensure residents'' needs are being met in a proactive manner.
- Carry out, coordinate, and manage administrative functions in areas or programs related to Nursing Services, which may include departmental documentation or medical records; nursing supplies; ancillary supplies or services; center CQI; care plans; MDSs; infection control program; skin care program; Medicare; special programs; staff scheduling; selection, training, and orientation; and related functions.
- Fills in as acting DON, Charge Nurse, or other nursing position as needed, with limited or full authority as appropriate.
- Maintain a working knowledge of and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Monitor associate relations practices of nursing staff assigned to ensure compliance with employment laws and company policies and to ensure practices that maintain high morale and staff retention to include effective communication, prompt problem resolution, positive supervisory practices, and maintaining a positive work environment. Assist with managing turnover through appropriate selection, orientation, training, and staff education.
- Play an active role in carrying out the center marketing plan.
- Develop positive relationships on behalf of the company with government regulators, families, the area health care community, and the community at large.
- Assist the DON in supervising, conducting, and participating in department and center education activities and staff meetings. Maintain professional competence through participation in continuing education programs, seminars, and training programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequent walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing, and pulling.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Ability to present to groups.
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to communicate with local staff, remote staff, and outside agencies.
- Understand, comply with, and promote rules regarding resident''s rights.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintain an orderly, confidential, and safe work environment.
- Adhere to all Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a current and valid Registered Nurse license in the state employed.
- Completion of post-secondary education and be able to read, write, and follow oral and written directions.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance as required.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment exam if required.
- Related administrative experience at a level necessary to accomplish this position.