Gulf Coast Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Laundry Speclialist 10pm to 6am
at Gulf Coast Health Care
Responsible for washing, drying, folding, and storing all residents'' garments, sheets, towels, washcloths, bedspreads, and other washable items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transport, wash, dry, and fold laundry.
- Sort residents'' personal garments and place in designated bins.
- Transport all clean linen to Clean Linen Room and store neatly.
- Keep the laundry room, including the equipment, clean, and orderly.
- Ensure that clean and soiled linen do not come in contact with each other, thereby causing contamination.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequent walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing, and pulling.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours and during disastrous circumstances, as needed.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Ability to present to groups.
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to communicate with local staff, remote staff, and outside agencies.
- Understand, comply with, and promote rules regarding residents'' rights.
- Maintain an orderly, confidential, and safe work environment.
- Adhere to all Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Attend orientation and in-services as required by the federal, state, and company guidelines.
- Participate in disaster and fire drills as required.
- Practice universal precautions at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Completion of high school education or otherwise show ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance as required.
- Must be able to work weekend and overtime as required.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment exam, if required.