Hard Rock International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Business Analyst II
at Hard Rock International
- Location : Location
- Job ID
- Information Technology
Seminole Hard Rock Support Services provides Information Technology Services for Seminole Gaming and Hard Rock International and their subsidiaries and/or franchisees.
The Business Analyst specializes in understanding the needs of the business owners and translating them into technical specifications. This position will act as an interface to the business owners and technology departments, as well as implementing and supporting the Customer and Marketing Applications Portfolio, including: Consumer Websites, Loyalty Programs, Marketing Offers and Promotions, Customer Relationship Management, etc.
The position involves analysis and presentation of information to business owners, including Marketing, Player Development, and Casino and Hospitality Operations. It requires proficiency with developing requirements documents, knowledge of the business and strong communication skills. The position will also be responsible for the QA of any new or changes to the applications before they are released and deployed into the Production environment.
These initiatives will be done in accordance with department policies, procedures, and standards to support information systems development and maintenance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must adhere to the organizational Policies and Procedures.
- Gather requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with technical team and business owners to analyze information needs and functional requirements to deliver an effective solution.
- Develop and document enterprise wide requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Develop user documentation and conduct training as required.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into operational requirements.
- Participate in small or complex applications rollout to single or multi-properties.
- Participate in the QA and release management of new and changes to applications through thorough testing, debugging and user acceptance before planning and executing deployment into Production.
- Develop documentation for users to install, operate and support.
- Provide end user training.
- Provide post implementation support and troubleshooting.
- Analyze problems and escalate issues in a timely manner for quick resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Works on multiple high priority projects concurrently.
- Employs productivity aids in all aspects of assignments.
- Maintains and enhances technical skills through formal and on-the-job training.
- Responds to and assists with other problem tickets as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Solid proficiency in full Business Analysis skills (Analysis, Design, Testing, Process, and Documentation). Ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements to enable IT Technical teams.
- Targeted, effective communication at all levels of the organization, good listening skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to deal with diverse cultures in dynamic work environment.
- Collaboration and facilitation skills within IT and across business area users and management.
- Highly personable and able to build strong relationship across business groups and with IT personnel.
- Stakeholder management, including department leaders, vendors and consultants.
- Autonomous: ability to work with little or no supervision
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Hospitality, Information Management, or Computer Science preferred.
- Hotel/casino gaming background or experience preferred.
- Project Management/Coordination practices and techniques preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience as a business analyst or similar position. Business Analysts Certification preferred (either PMI-PBA or IIBA-CBAP).
- 5+ years’ experience with Customer/Marketing Applications; including Websites, Loyalty Systems, Customer Relationship Management, and/or Campaign Management.
- 3+ years’ experience with Agile methodology required. Working knowledge of JIRA preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Outlook).