Hard Rock International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administrator (POS Products)
at Hard Rock International
- Location : Location
- Job ID
- Information Technology
The Systems Administrator performs onsite installation, training and support of the Point-of-Sales (POS) software/hardware and payment solutions. The Systems Administrator is self-motivated, must be able to efficiently manage the planning and communication of assigned project tasks, communicate professionally to co-workers, project stakeholders and the business. This role will require the learning of new products and processes quickly while balancing multiple work priorities. The Systems Administrator should have a solid understanding of the Agilysys Infogensis products including both hardware and software in the hospitality industry.
- Ensure the success of project installations on behalf of the business and IT
- Make recommendations to utilize full advantages of Agilysys product line while maximizing operational efficiencies
- Provide end user assistance for the various business cases where the Agilysys product line is implemented
- Gather site requirements, review and recommend product solutions as it pertains to installation preparedness.
- A concrete understanding of POS configuration and testing in order to maximize efficiency and provide operational consistency.
- Identify and manage project scope. Ensure that project documentation is sufficient, clear and concise. Work with Project Management to maintain project risks and provide solutions for issues resulting in project scope change.
- Understand system integrations to ensure configuration and testing are complete
- Coordinate with the business teams to develop processes, procedures and documentation to enhance our installation and support services
- Develop detailed documentation to ensure that Operations team has all relevant information for handling support for property installs
- Other duties assigned
- Experience with Point-of-Sale products
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and / or experience in the hospitality and / or technology fields
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in system implementation or information technology and hospitality operations
- Combined 5+ years’ experience in the Food & Beverage and/or POS industry preferred
- Be available to travel when required domestically and internationally
- Good understanding of business operations and accounting practices
- Dedicated to customer service is a must
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- Self-starter and must be able to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changes in project priorities
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot in a timely manger
- Adaptability, strong work ethic and exhibit professionalism during challenging situations
- Ability to perform quality work within deadlines
- Experience with Food & Beverage industry and / or with POS systems
- Degree or certification in computer programming or computer science
- Understand the standard concepts, best practices, and procedures of POS software integration and deployment within hospitality. Specific experience with Agilysys Infogensis POS.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and organization skills
- Clear and professional written and oral communication skills
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Interacts effectively with all levels of management and team members
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- Work well on their own or as a member of a team
- Effectively prioritize and escalate issues as required
- An aptitude for acquiring new skills in hospitality technology
- Ability to quickly learn new software and applications
About this Role:
- Serve as the lead technical contact for Agilysys software and hardware environment
- Consistently and successfully configure Infogensis POS System to meet operational and reporting needs.
- Install/Configure Infogensis hardware including terminals, handhelds, printers and other peripherals
- Regularly travel to client sites locally and internationally to provide onsite support
- Ideal candidate will have flexibility with hours and ability to work weekends when needed