Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hayes Locums
Overview & Benefits
Hayes Locums is the "Fastest Growing Company in South Florida" and we are seeking a Sr. Accountant to join our Accounting & Finance department. The Sr. Accountant will report to the Controller and is responsible for general accounting functions, GAAP compliance and related documentation, and month-end close activities for financial reporting purposes.
Hayes Locums, is a temporary physician and advanced practices staffing agency delivering excellence in the healthcare industry since 2012. Our dedication to finding impactful healthcare professionals for hospitals and providing high-impact service has won the company high praise of "Best Places to Work" and the "Fastest Growing Staffing Company in the United States"- SIA.
We offer a fulfilling and energetic work environment, with competitive compensation and professional growth opportunities. Founded on the principles of Servant Leadership, we put the needs of others first and developing our people to perform at the highest level is the key to our success. We are recognized for our integrity, which our physicians, clients, and employees trust.
- Reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts and proposed adjusting journal entries
- Responsible for variance analysis
- GAAP compliance activities
- Participate in activities related to quarterly and year-end external audits
- Prepare reporting and facilitate presentations to operations management
- Other accounting, analytical, and special project activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 5 years work experience in General Accounting, Financial Reporting, and/or Audit roles (prior audit experience a plus)
- Strong knowledge of current GAAP
- Experience extracting data using BI tools for purposes of analysis and report creation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Comfortable incorporating the use of technology with Accounting and Finance responsibilities
- Must be detail-oriented, work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, have the flexibility to deal with changing priorities, and be able to meet deadlines within determined timeframes
- Must be self-motivated, and possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- CPA and/or Masters in Accounting/MBA preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains preferred
- Experience in identifying, recommending, and implementing process enhancements preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future