Iberia Bank Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Officer - Miami/Dade
at Iberia Bank Corporation
Do you want to help people in one of the biggest purchases of their lives? Being a mortgage loan officer at IBERIABANK Mortgage is a meaningful role that is there to assist both first-time and seasoned homebuyers with real estate transactions. This role puts you in the driver’s seat to build a great team and establish good rapport with new and existing clients in the area. Develop business relationships, get involved in the community, and realize your success by joining the IBERIABANK Mortgage team.
A day in the life of a Mortgage Loan Officer:
- Quoting competitive rates, discussing product options with customers and creating partnerships
- Work with clients from origination through closing
- Market IBERIABANK internally and externally
- Staying informed by local fulfillment support (processing, underwriting and closing)
- Building relationships by delivering excellent customer service
- Using digital marketing and CRM tools to increase your referrals (Vantage, Hootesuite, Business Facebook, LinkedIn, YEXT)
- Using of one of the nation’s most popular LOS systems, Ellie Mae’s Encompass
- Staying in touch with previous customers with automatic marketing drips customized with your personal information
- Leveraging bank partnerships in your community
- Being part of a team and a bank with a long, rich culture
Compensation – There are as very few career options that are as lucrative as a mortgage loan officer. Our incentive plan pays a certain basis point rate of the closed loan volume each pay check. You’ll have the opportunity to achieve extraordinary income that is well into six figures based on your personal production. Additional incentives can be earned by referring clients to other areas of our organization for additional business opportunities. The sky is the limit compensation wise.
A Mortgage Loan Officer II is responsible for originating mortgage loans, submitting applications and facilitating essential communication between parties throughout the process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for soliciting and servicing a variety of residential mortgage loans.
- Interviews applicants, collects financial data and documents, and makes recommendations regarding the loan products that best meet the borrower's needs.
- Assists buyers in the purchase process through closing.
- Make external and internal sales calls.
- Comply with regulatory, secondary market and bank policies and guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Directly responsible for directing, coordinating, and evaluating designated units or certain personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; providing pay change recommendations; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required in this position:
- High school diploma or GED with some college preferred and at least 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of real estate loan documentation preferred.
- Working knowledge of lending regulations preferred.
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
- Microsoft Office suite