Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-Time Swim Lesson Instructor
at Gulliver Schools
The Swim Instructor will demonstrate competency to teach and lead specific skills and activities in the water. Adherence to the Gulliver Swim School teaching curriculum ensures that each student in our program learns water survival skills and then progresses to propulsion and stroke development in a fun and gentle environment. In addition, the Swim Instructor is responsible for the prevention of accidents as well as the minimization and elimination of hazardous conditions in all aquatics areas.
- Instruct and evaluate students participating in swim lessons.
- Responsible for the safety of participants in their own class.
- Begin and end class on time, remain after class to answer participant and/or parent questions as needed, and clean up supplies.
- Submit completed report cards, skills sheets and attendance information on time.
- Maintain surveillance of patrons in the facility.
- Act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintain a high standard of customer service.
- Attend mandatory meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Maintain a clean facility, performing house cleaning duties.
- Perform water chemical balance tests prior to and after swim lessons.
- All other duties as assigned and appropriate.
- 16 years of age or older
- American Red Cross CPR/AED Certification.
- American Red Cross First Aid Certification.
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification, or ability to complete WSI course. (Offered at Gulliver Swim School as part of employee training)
- Knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate skills in swim lessons instruction.
- Ability to demonstrate skills as required for class content and use teaching aids such as kickboards, diving rings, fins, etc.
- Ability to work independently and possess energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to positively interact with the general public.
- Previous aquatic experience is preferred.
SCHEDULE/COMPENSATION: This is part-time position that can offer up to 30 hours per week. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented above indicates the general nature or level or work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
CONTACT: You can call or email the Swim School Supervisor at 305.665.3593 ext 1519 or firstname.lastname@example.org