Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Advancement Officer
at Gulliver Schools
Gulliver is a co-educational private college preparatory day school established in 1926 in Miami, Florida. One of the largest independent schools in Florida, Gulliver enrolls more than 2,200 students in Grades PreK3-12 on four campuses. Gulliver is seeking a Senior Advancement Officer.
The Senior Advancement Officer, secures financial commitments by engaging constituents in the life of the school, by communicating the school’s strategic goals, and by leveraging volunteer networks.
- Actively engages a portfolio, motivates and inspires constituents to support the school's mission. Builds relationships and works closely with prospects and donors through the cycle of identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Develops annual fundraising goals in support of meeting defined metrics and objectives in consultation with the VP of Advancement, Leadership Gifts and Constituent Fundraising. Candidates hired at the level of Senior Development Officer will have a higher level of performance expectation allied to annual metrics. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Consistently and strategically engages in strategic, face-to-face prospect contacts in an effort to move major gift prospects through the donor continuum.
- Promotes the school's fundraising priorities through developing excellent working relationships with faculty, senior academic leaders, trustees, other volunteers. This includes preparing strategic briefings prior to visits and arranging for appropriate follow-up to visits and events.
- Planning and hosting campus visits for major prospects as a key step in their preparation for leadership giving.
- Working collaboratively with the Annual Fund team and personally soliciting Annual Fund gifts each year from all assigned prospects.
- Planning activities and events which are effective in drawing out and identifying new prospects.
- Provides information to update and maintain accuracy of donor and prospect records, including prospect ratings and planned next steps on 100% of prospect portfolio.
- Maintains and updates database records of contact and correspondence with the school’s constituents in a prompt and timely fashion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Five years of fundraising or related business experience
- Demonstrates practical application and experience with technology such as database functions/reports, Microsoft Word and Excel, internet/email usage, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to recruit, train, and motivate volunteers
- Valid U.S. driver's license
The Senior Advancement Officer demonstrates organizational and interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, tact, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality inside and outside of the school. S/he also demonstrates an ability to function independently yet relate comfortably to a multifaceted fundraising environment, participating in and contributing to a total team effort. The candidate must be willing to travel to major metropolitan areas).
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work to support the school's signature events including significant blocks of time during the weekend events. This also requires a commitment to attend/participate in on-campus and off-campus events/activities outside of normal business hours as appropriate.
Internal candidates who meet the qualifications for the position posted must submit a cover letter expressing interest and a resume to the Human Resources Department. EOE M/F/VD Drug Free Workplace.