Jupiter Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
** BONUS ELIGIBLE ** Cardiovascular Technologist - Cath Lab - Full Time (with call)
at Jupiter Medical Center
Jupiter Medical Center is reimagining how to restore the community's health and wellness. Award-winning physicians, world-class partnerships and innovative techniques and technology enable Jupiter Medical Center to provide a broad range of services with specialty concentrations in cardiology, oncology, imaging, orthopedics and spine, digestive health, emergency services, lung and thoracic, women's health, weight management and men's health. Our medical center consistently performs in the top 10 percent of hospitals for patient quality and satisfaction and has earned the highest rating in the region for quality of care.
- Performs all duties with proficiencies in areas of clinical and technical expertise. Incorporates positive attitude, team building and leadership skills in providing patient care. Provides complete documentation and hemodynamic monitoring of patients during procedures. Meets pre/post procedural care of the patient including patient education. Successfully removes arterial and venous sheaths. Circulates in room during all catheterization/EP procedures and anticipates physicians needs and assists during catheterization/EP procedures to include scrub assistant, preparation of specialized interventional and diagnostic equipment.
- Under physician direction, performs x-ray contrast injections, stabilizes guide wires, catheters and devices during diagnostic and interventional procedures. Sets up, prepares, and operates and troubleshoots intra aortic balloon pumps. Demonstrates a strong knowledge base of technical equipment in area of specialty and communicates inventory needs to Director. Reviews, updates, and participates in inservice related to new equipment and technology and maintains a positive interaction with medical device vendors. Functions as a clinical and technical resource for cath lab personnel and demonstrates clinical and technical expertise.
- Maintains level of expertise through an ongoing educational process and shares knowledge obtained with cath lab personnel. Assists physicians in the interpretation of special and complex invasive imaging (ie. IVUS/coronary doppler) Performs minor maintenance and quality assurance of equipment and devices in the laboratory. Cooperates with Biomedical Dept. upkeep and quality assurance of radiographic, hemodynamic and other equipment. Demonstrates effective leadership skills while interacting with cath lab personnel. Supports departmental goals by facilitating change and providing feedback or constructive criticism to cath lab management. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an allied health profession with 18 months education/training in related critical care background.
- Registered as a cardiovascular technologist, invasive (RCVT) or radiology cardiovascular interventional technologist, RT (CV), or the ability to pass certificate exam (ex RCIS) after working a minimum of 2 years in the cath lab.
- American Heart Association BLS, for Heath Care Provider and ACLS certified
- Basic EKG
- Special Skills:
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and communication levels with employees, supervisors, physicians, administration, and the general public.
- Performs independently within her/his scope of practice.
- Successfully passing grade EKG competency exam.
- Demonstrates Unit Competencies on a yearly basis.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in a fast paced work environment.
- Must demonstrate strong basic knowledge of technical equipment in area of specialty, function as a clinical and technical resource to cath lab personnel and demonstrate effective leadership skills while interacting with cath lab personnel.
- Also assist physicians in the interpretation of special and complex invasive imaging procedures (ie. IVUS) and perform minor maintenance and quality assurance of equipment and devices in the laboratory.
- Assumes call responsibility and other related duties as assigned.