Jupiter Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Sterile Processing Technician
at Jupiter Medical Center
Job Reference #: 5000385690906
- Sorts instruments, assembles and wraps packs, house-wide, and reconstructs surgical specialty trays and linen packs according to directions in policy and procedure manual.
- Identifies instrument needs again according to OR schedule.
- Picks up soiled equipment, trays or Urology Cart #1 and #2 and ENT Cart from Patient Care Units, Surgery, LD, ED if needed.
- Operates all Sterile processing equipment including washer decontaminator, steam sterilizer, ultrasonic, incubators, Sterrad and Steris Sterilizers, and heat sealer, according to manufacturer's manual.
- Decontaminates instruments and equipment per hospital policy, wears appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE) in decontamination area.
- Keeps Sterile Core cleaned and restocked per hospital policy, Maintains competency in the operation of all equipment as demonstrated by in-service attendance, continues education efforts regarding new equipment or products.
- Resource maps and pick tickets are used to create accurate and complete case carts.
- Maintains sterile supplies by replacing inventory as needed and putting away return supplies.
Jupiter Medical Center is reimagining how to restore the community's health and wellness. Award-winning physicians, world-class partnerships and innovative techniques and technology enable Jupiter Medical Center to provide a broad range of services with specialty concentrations in cardiology, oncology, imaging, orthopedics and spine, digestive health, emergency services, lung and thoracic, women's health, weight management and men's health. Our medical center consistently performs in the top 10 percent of hospitals for patient quality and satisfaction and has earned the highest rating in the region for quality of care.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Prior hospital experience, Sterile Processing education preferred.
- Sterile Processing Certification required.