Jupiter Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CVICU RN, Full Time Nights
at Jupiter Medical Center
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5000567788806
Categories: Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
Jupiter Medical Center is reimagining how to restore the community's health and wellness. Award-winning physicians, world-class partnerships and innovative techniques and technology enable Jupiter Medical Center to provide a broad range of services with specialty concentrations in cardiology, oncology, imaging, orthopedics and spine, digestive health, emergency services, lung and thoracic, women's health, weight management and men's health. Our medical center consistently performs in the top 10 percent of hospitals for patient quality and satisfaction and has earned the highest rating in the region for quality of care.
Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the ICU and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
Responds to Code Blue situations and implements life-saving measures per ACLS protocol.
Interprets ECG rhythm strips and evaluates 12-lead ECG's.
Monitors and titrates IV vasoactive, antiarrhythmic and other special drugs.
Assists with insertion of arterial lines, pulmonary artery catheters and IABP.
Monitors invasive pressures such as those above.
Draws blood from arterial, CVP and other invasive lines.
Assesses critically ill patients in an ongoing manner, per protocol.
Accompanies and monitors patients going to other department for tests/procedures.
May accompany patients in transport during interfacility transfers.
Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit as needed
- RN- Current RN licensure in the state of Florida
- American Heart Association BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- American Heart Association ACLS certification
- NIH Stroke Scale certification
- Recent experience in CVICU with two years of experience
- The RN has a responsibility to acts as educator to their peers, patients, and their families. All aspects of the RN performance supports service excellence and a healing environment. The RN identifies communicates needed unit resources or equipment to be included in budget.