Jupiter Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Access Specialist - Full Time - Nights - Breast Center
at Jupiter Medical Center
Jupiter Medical Center is reimagining how to restore the community's health and wellness. Award-winning physicians, world-class partnerships and innovative techniques and technology enable Jupiter Medical Center to provide a broad range of services with specialty concentrations in cardiology, oncology, imaging, orthopedics and spine, digestive health, emergency services, lung and thoracic, women's health, weight management and men's health. Our medical center consistently performs in the top 10 percent of hospitals for patient quality and satisfaction and has earned the highest rating in the region for quality of care.
- Obtaining demographic, insurance, and medical information to ensure an accurate and complete registration.
- Performing insurance verification, data collection and documentation.
- Determine medical necessity for services based on established medical criteria.
- Identifying patient financial responsibilities and collecting applicable monies.
- Acting as liaison to all internal and external customers to facilitate access to hospital services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Familiarity with medical terminology required.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Workload can be unpredictable and at times very stressful so must have the ability to work under stressful situations.
- High School plus one to two years of specialized training in a healthcare setting with demonstrated knowledge in registration/patient access functions/processes.
- Knowledge of Federal and third party payer requirements.