Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Laboratory Technician (tile adhesives)
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
Who We Are
MAPEI is a world leader in the manufacturing of mortars, grouts, adhesives and complementary products for the installation of all types of floor and wall coverings. Some of our products include mortars, grouts, adhesives and concrete admixtures. Our products are sold to residential and commercial contractors, construction companies, retail organizations; like Lowe's and Floor & Decor and more!
To learn more about MAPEI:
Corporate Video: http://www.mapei.com/US-EN/corporate-video.asp
Company Profile: http://www.mapei.com/public/US/menu/MAPEI_Company_Profile_EN.pdf
MAPEI is actively recruiting for an experienced Lab Technician to work in our research and development center located in Deerfield Beach, FL. We’re looking for a motivated and innovative individual that would be a great match in this tight-knit research and development team.
- Prepare samples and assist in preparing materials and mixtures for testing on MAPEI products to ensure consistency, durability, and quality.
- Operate lab equipment for strengthening, balancing, blending and mixing of MAPEI products to achieve test results
- Work safely and utilize proper safety protocols including wearing proper PPE (Safety glasses, safety shoes and dust mask when required).
- Work extensively with powder and adhesive products to preform tests requested by Chemists, Supervisors and Group Leaders.
- Document all test results and findings.
- High school diploma or the equivalent having taken chemistry courses plus a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Experience working in the construction industry or with construction products preferred (grouts, mortars etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry is preferred but not required
- A few years of experience working with lab equipment including strength testing, mixing and blending equipment
- A drive and passion to learn and grow within research and development
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
What We Offer
MAPEI offers medical coverage options for you and your family. We currently offer two extremely competitive medical plans with minimal monthly employee contributions and very, very low deductibles! We offer dental, vision, flex spending accounts, and more! Our employees earn paid time off, have the opportunity to participate in retirement savings with a company match available, as well as various other company employee centric initiatives.
“At MAPEI our employees are our greatest asset. Our teams provide valuable skills and knowledge that are essential to MAPEI Corporation’s continued growth and future success which is why we honor your efforts and commitment by providing highly competitive compensation packages and one of the most comprehensive employee benefits offering in our Industry. The continued well-being of our employees and their loved ones is of the utmost importance to us.” - President and CEO, MAPEI Americas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities