Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) MRI - 034340 - Diagnostic Services
at Martin Health
034340 - Diagnostic Services
Day & Evening shifts
I. Basic Purpose:
The Staff MRI Nurse will plan, monitor and provide direct patient care and acts as Charge Nurse in absence of the Charge MRI Nurse. The Staff MRI Nurse reports to the Charge MRI Nurse and is responsible to the Medical Directors for all issues relating to medical treatment.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Know and use the Nursing procedures documented in this manual to provide quality patient care.
4. Safely implements all general Patient Care and Nursing procedures.
5. Provides maximum safety for all patients and review all patient safety screening.
6. Executes emergency protocols as necessary.
7. Initiates and maintains peripheral IV sites.
8. Administers medication IV push as specified in the Nursing procedures.
9. Identifies significant changes in patient condition and keeps the physician/Charge MRI nurse informed.
10. Records verbal and telephone orders in accordance with the nursing procedures.
11. Crosschecks all telephone orders with written orders from the referring physician to ensure proper exam has been scheduled.
12. Instructs patients and/or families regarding MRI exams, exam preparations, established protocols and provides discharge information.
13. Provides and explains all facility paperwork to patients admitted to Martin Memorial Medical Center and obtains necessary signatures.
14. All other tasks as assigned to maintain an efficient, organized nursing department and provide the highest level of patient care.
15. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
16. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Minimum education required is an Associate's degree.
> Current, active Florida License as a Registered Nurse –Primary Source online verification required from State of Florida licensing database.
> Current acceptable CPR certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer OR American Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
> One year minimum experience required.