Meritage Homes Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Land Development Coordinator
at Meritage Homes Corporation
- Job ID
- US-FL-Boynton Beach
Meritage Homes is looking for a Land Development Coordinator to facilitate and provide administrative support for Meritage’s Land Department in South Florida, mainly the processing of invoices and managing land vendors. The candidate must be a self-starter, action-oriented, provide attention to detail and have strong problem solving skills. This role is essential for the success of the Land Department and managing our contractors in a positive manner. In addition, this person will lend support to the Purchasing team as well.
In this role, you will handle the following responsibilities:
- Manage the process to set up new vendors and contractors for the land department, working with accounting to ensure compliance
- Coordinate all land proposals, bid processes and contracts with the Land Development team
- Prepare and ensure timely execution for all Land Development Master Agreements, Professional Services Master Agreements, Authorization Agreements, Change Orders and other legal documents
Change Order/Contract Amendment Processing
- Receive written Proposal for Change Orders; verify quantities and unit pricing are correct
- Prepare and obtain proper signatures for approval of Change Order and/ Contract Amendment
- Process all Applications for Payment, verifying contract amounts, obtaining required approvals, and submitting to A/P by required monthly deadline
Invoicing, Pay Applications
- Review Budgets and Schedules for all Projects; instruct all Subcontractors/Vendors the process of Invoices & Applications for Payments in order to get paid in a timely manner
- Review all Invoices, Change Orders, Pay Applications and apply proper Coding to route for sign-off using DocuSign
- Oversee all File management, including but not limited to: Signed Contract Docs, Bids, Bid Spread, Award Letter, Site Specific Materials, Pay Applications, Change Orders, Back Charges and Vendor files.
- Manage project correspondence, including but not limited to Subcontractor correspondence (email included), Meritage correspondence, Jurisdictional correspondence, Engineer/Landscape Architect/Consultant correspondence
- Maintain records of progress schedules, Weekly meeting notes
- Process issuance of new bonds, extensions, reductions & releases.
- Track and manage critical bond dates while maintaining all bond files.
- Review and update monthly reports and spreadsheets for Region
- Manage Land Purchase Contracts & Contract Amendments
- Coordinate Land and Lot Closings
- Process deposits and wires.
- Maintain Deposit Tracker / critical dates.
- Minimum High School Diploma, or equivalent is required
- Minimum of two years of experience in an office support position focusing on managing vendors and their payments. Preference will be given to any candidates with experience/knowledge in the homebuilding industry.
- Strong computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ideally this person will also have proficiency in JD Edwards or E1.
- Good Oral/Written Communication and Interpersonal Skills, ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner. Ability to gather information and generate documents with accuracy.
- Daily interactions with Government Agencies, Trade Partners, construction personnel, Sales, Design Center, and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle the stress of dealing with various agencies and trades, while resolving issues in a positive manner.
Are you looking for an amazing career opportunity? Well, look no further! At Meritage Homes, we offer a variety of different careers and are dedicated to building beautiful, environmentally friendly homes, that give our customers the most memorable moments with their loved ones. Meritage Homes is a national top 10 homebuilder and a 2018 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. If you have a self-starter mindset and want to be a part of something great, come join a company that helps people live happier, healthier lives.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Maintaining a consistent competitive drive to be the best
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Having pride in delivering a quality product that benefits people and the environment
- The opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Team atmosphere where every individual is considered a vital part of the team