Mount Sinai Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PPS Rehabilitation Coordinator MDS Coordinator
at Mount Sinai Medical Center
US - Florida - Miami Beach
RN Rehabilitation PPS Coordinator, Full Time Days
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 672 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 700 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
We are currently seeking a sharp, enthusiastic, professional to become part of the energy and join our Rehabilitation Team where you will engage in our efforts to improve patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and operational efficiency. The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand complexities of Rehabilitation regulations. Must be detail oriented, self directed, accountable and responsible. Excellent written and verbal skills required. Basic understanding of Quality Management methodologies. Ability to evaluate data and provide statistical and other analyses. Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with others. Ability to utilize a variety of software and computer programs including but not limited to Epic, Star, UDSPRO, FOTO, EQsuite, Outlook and Microsoft Office and any other required for the performance of the job.
- Reviews daily admissions for patients admitted with key diagnoses. Reviews physician, nursing and therapy documentation charts to determine completeness and eligibility for national quality initiatives.
- Reviews medical records concurrently and retrospectively and enters data into PPS website accurately.Completes medical record reviews timely to meet all deadlines. Advises immediate supervisor of any issues with medical record retrieval, data entry or deadline achievement.
- Complete clinical review of every IRF admission and all data entry into IRF PAI within the required guidelines.
- Completes Medicaid required data extractioin and entey into software timely.
- Complete clinical review of every OMR admission and all data entry into Outpatient Databases and FOTO for quality outrcomes management.
- Works with physicians, nurses and case managers on identifying patients with key diagnoses and ensures that physician documentation is on the record and appropriate discharge forms have been implemented.
- Provides feedback to immediate supervisor on methods to improve compliance with national quality initiatives.
- Enters PI data into PPS system and transmit data on time.
- Demonstrates understanding of principles of quality management and performance improvement in daily work.
- Reviews coding of all IRF cases by required timelines and communicates with HIM coders for timely completion.
- Conducts quality intitiatives reviews as assigned, and enters data into PI data base and PPS software
- Attends quality related committees as assigned. Assists manager and director in preparation for committees by retrieving record information, and preparing reports as needed.Assists in preparation for records review from third parties, RAC, and other reviewers, drafting letters as appropriate and following up as needed. Develops monthly, quarterly and annual outcomes reports and disseminate information to the team.
- Current/Valid Fl RN Licensure
- Two years of prior work related experience
- An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary and savings plan with company match
- A variety of health, dental and vision plans
- On-site child care, tuition reimbursement, and much more!