Octagon Technology Staffing
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Octagon Technology Staffing
- # of Openings
- Job Location
- Software Engineer
Octagon Technology Staffing is in search of a NAVision developer to join a professional services organization working in the retail sector. The NAVision developer applies development skills to help solve complex business problems in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with other developers, Business Analysts and implementation team members to establish software requirements and ensure project operations are executed.
- Participate in the evaluation and technical analysis of business requirements, and assist in defining program requirements and software configuration
- Write and maintain program code or modify existing programs to customize software to business needs.
- Perform unit, system and integration testing of solutions.
- Document system architecture and technical specifications.
- Assist in developing and implementing system testing and in debugging program errors.
- Internalize Navision expertise into the company. Establish a knowledge base system to document the knowledge and train other IT staff to support specified functions.
- Be a domain expert. Become familiar with the business processes and apply technology to implement business requirements.
- Work with the database team to help optimize performance in our ERP platform.
- Adheres to all departmental and team policies for design, development, testing and deployment documentation. Additionally, the team member will follow all documented design and coding standards.
- Creates effective technical manuals for developed solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the issues relevant to enhancing Microsoft Dynamics NAV Enterprise Resource Planning
- High level of proficiency with Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio
- Solid understanding of concepts governing relational database structures, the use of reporting/query tools and the construction of structured query language (SQL) statements.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently with the aptitude to effectively prioritize as project needs change.
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team.
- Strong understanding of financial, inventory, purchasing, distribution, as well as experience customizing Microsoft Dynamics NAV Enterprise Resource Planning application software.
- Experience with Lanham software and EDI a plus.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of Microsoft centric application development with at least three years of development experience in Microsoft Dynamics NAV Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- MS Dynamics NAV functional experience in finance, inventory, purchasing and distribution is a plus
- Experience with HighJump and EDI a plus.
- Experience developing applications using structured query language (SQL) Server as the database
- Experience with Visual Source Safe
- C/SIDE development skill/certification is not required but must be attained
- Hands on experience integrating legacy systems