Octapharma Plasma, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Donor Floor Supervisor - Bilingual Spanish
at Octapharma Plasma, Inc
Donor Floor Supervisor - Bilingual Spanish
If you are interested in an exciting career in the biopharmaceutical or medical field you’ve come to the right place. At Octapharma Plasma you can channel your passion for helping others into a medical career that is fast-paced and personally and professionally rewarding. Whether you are just beginning your career or you have experience in the medical field, we have many exciting opportunities for you to consider.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Ensures donor confidentiality, meet customer service expectations, greet and acknowledge donors as they are assigned to donation area and after completing donation process.
- Reviews donor record files to ensure for completeness, accuracy, and in compliance with cGMP.
- Complies with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Labels and ensures each unit and samples are labeled accurately.
- Set-up and prepare all equipment and disposable supplies for venipunctures and plasmapheresis procedures, and perform plasma collection.
- Supervises and performs venipuncture and plasma collection.
- Supervises the operation and maintenance of the automated plasmapheresis machines including response and evaluation of all alarms and machine errors, documentation of exceptions, etc.
- Removes and/or replaces equipment from service.
- Maintains proper ratio to ensure donor safety and to ensure quality of product.
- Ensure proper disposal of all contaminated disposable equipment.
- Maintains accurate and thorough documentation of necessary records, including PCS-2 Machine Logs.
- Coordinates with medical staff to monitor donor and donor reactions, as necessary.
- Supervises monitoring inventory levels, stocking supplies, and opening and closing lots for usage.
- Prepares weekly staffing schedules to accommodate breaks, vacation, and unplanned absences to determine optimal allocation of staff.
- Oversees all donor floor personnel by delegating and coordinating staff activities to increase efficiency.
- Performs performance reviews of donor floor staff and provides effective feedback regarding performance.
- Communicates with management regarding pertinent information regarding work areas.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Identifies areas of operational opportunity for continuous improvement.
- Supervisors and develops donor floor staff in accordance with the SOP, training and safety manuals, and follows all OSHA requirements and personnel policies.
- May be responsible for changing supply lot numbers.
- Educates new donors on the use of products made from donated plasma. This includes explaining the process, the tests performed, the appointment system, fees, center policies, proper nutrition and any other information pertinent to the donor. Ensure that all donors’ questions are answered timely, accurately, and professionally.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as designated by management.
- Utilizes bilingual skills to communicate with donors, as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) with 12 months direct plasmapheresis experience.
- Demonstrated experience of team lead or supervisor capabilities. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Phlebotomy certificate or license (as required by state).
- Strong leadership and customer service skills are essential. Ability to understand and implement protocol is required.
- Ability to read numbers on screening equipment such as scales, thermometers, graphs, digital vital signs monitor and refractometer.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge and skills. Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Must have completed documentation of training appropriate for duties prior to performing duties independently.
- Ability to work day and evening hours, weekends, holidays, and extended shifts on a frequent basis.
- Maintain thorough familiarity with all state and federal regulations, standard operating procedures, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP, and internal company procedures.
- Ability to speak, writes, and read English. Bilingual abilities may be required in some locations.
- CPR certification or the ability to obtain certification preferred.
- Ability to perform venipunctures.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English, both verbal and written
Octapharma Plasma offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.