Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plasma Sprayer (Entry)
at Paradigm Precision
|Title:||Plasma Sprayer (Entry)|
To learn all aspects necessary for the grit blasting and plasma spraying of Turbine Engine components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Proficient at masking and surface preparation of parts for grit blasting and plasma spraying.
- Proficient in the operation of equipment such as but not limited to the grit blasters, six (6) axis robot plasma unit, plasma torch, plasma hand control unit, plasma programming computer, robot manipulator, gas control equipment, air cleaning equipment, powder feeding equipment, heat exchanger and rectifier.
- Proficient in the proper use and maintenance of grit blasting equipment such as but not limited to grit blasters and glass bead machine.
- Proficient in the operation and maintenance of pre and grit blast equipment.
- Perform minor daily maintenance on equipment and fixtures.
- Read and use calibrated tooling and equipment such as but not limited to vernier calipers, height gages, pi-tapes, plug gages, go/no go gages and micrometers.
- Learn and use proper grit blasting and plasma spraying terminology.
- Demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude.
- Fully understands and follows the Plasma Tech plan requirements for production assignments.
The job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) to three (3) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Numeric equipment experience is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees in the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical equipment, acetone, alcohol, argon, braze alloys, nitrogen, hydrogen, oil based lubricants and cleaning solutions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moderate cold and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually middling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and have the ability to hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop or crouch,
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Acknowledgements The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor