Residence Inn by Marriot
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales & Catering Coordinator
at Residence Inn by Marriot
You are headed to a fresh start at the newly renovated Residence Inn by Marriott Aventura Mall; we are looking for a passionate Sales & Catering Coordinator to join our Team.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- • Maintains all files, correspondence and records in the department. Typing and filing using computer systems
• Assists Director of Sales and Sales Manager in all administrative aspects
• Coordinates meeting and performs minute taking, transcribing and distribution meeting minutes
• Assists the sales management team with the Pace Reports Weekly
• Distributes Resumes and functions agendas on a weekly basis
• Complete qualifying information sheets as needed and distribute to sales manager
• Manage E rooming lists and BEO’s
• Group & Catering Master Account Routing
• Assist with preparation of monthly expense reports
• Handles arrangements for travel and sales missions
• Maintain and update data in SalesPro
• Assist with preparation and execution of hotel site inspections.
• Handles individual requests for VIP clients. Ensure that all arrangements, including upgrades, are handled properly, coordinating with other departments through oral and written instruction
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Posses a creative aptitude and strong organizational skills
Qualifications, Job knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
• Bilingual English and Spanish are required. Portuguese is a plus.
• 2-4 Year College degree in business related major, preferred
• Previous experience in administrative role and/or hotels preferred
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to operate computers to include MS Office suite software and calculator. FOSSE and SalesPro skills are highly desirable.
• Typing proficiency at 50 - 75 wpm
• Telephone etiquette skills needed
• Must be available for evenings and weekends for business reasons including attending business/social functions, entertaining clients and oversight of sales & catering client bookings and events.
• Ability to travel locally between locations for purposes of sales related activities; must have means of transportation when traveling, i.e. ability to rent car with a valid driver’s license.
Thrive with our comprehensive Benefits Package-featuring Medical, Dental and Eye Care, 401K Plans, Short and Long Term Disability, International Travel Perks, Team Member Recognition Events, Outings and much more!
Infinite-T is Turnberry’s initiative to make an impact in the local community and we are committed to supporting high impact initiatives and organizations and are proud partners of many local and national charities.
Exceptionally Managed by Turnberry.
A rewarding and challenging experience awaits you as a Turnberry team member. We are one of America's premier real estate development and property management companies. Founded more than 50 years ago, Turnberry has built over 20 million square feet of retail space, more than 7,000 luxury condominium and condo-hotel units, 1.5 million square feet of class "A" office space, in excess of 2,000 hotel and luxury resort rooms, as well as a number of exciting new projects currently in various phases of development.
Turnberry is a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employer.