Seacoast National Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Seacoast National Bank
Responsible for assisting with fraud and security related initiatives by providing support to the Bank’s Fraud/Security Manager through identification, research, tracking, reporting, and resolution of fraud related issues. Maintain awareness of new and amended regulations and assesses their impact to the bank. Remain current on fraud related matters as they relate to bank operations, through ongoing training and development programs. Assist in the overall operations of the department and program oversight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate, review and analyze cases of fraud, examining data to ensure compliance with internal Policies and Procedures and external regulations, verifying information, and review paperwork for accuracy. Set up fraud files and enter into tracking system.
- Follow-up with management from responsible area for explanations and discussions for appropriate action, to include approving or denying claims and/or possible account closure.
- Assist in the review and decisioning of the various alert solutions to ensure proper steps are taken to mitigate losses.
- Provide follow-up with daily charge backs for counterfeits, kiting, forgeries and negative accounts to minimize existing and future losses.
- Work with management to identify incidents/trends and utilize fraud loss scenarios to develop and/or provided training for Bank staff.
- File criminal charges within the appropriate jurisdictions and take civil action through legal means.
- Attend court as necessary to represent bank.
- Provide reports and status updates on recovery and fraud investigations.
- Support reporting charged off checking accounts to Chex Systems based on SNB reporting guidelines and post recoveries. Investigate and resolve any disputes.
- Manage the daily E-Funds report to review previous days Chex Systems inquiries on new accounts for fraud alerts, identity manipulation and communicate with branches for follow-up.
- Provide direction and support to customers, non-customers and bank personnel with fraud claim and identity theft complaints or concerns.
- Investigate process and partner with the U.S. Secret Service on counterfeit cash received.
- Monitor suspected scams and notify branch personnel to mitigate loss.
- Identify and escalate potential loss prevention and/or compliance issues to Senior Management.
- Review Digital deposits, ATM alerts and Fraud alerts; place holds accordingly and escalate to minimize losses.
- Review and process charged off checking accounts for branches based on established guidelines and approvals.
- Assist branches by providing video/images and providing support with surveillance system requirements and requests including providing images to branch personnel and law enforcement regarding security related situations.
- Administer user rights for Campus building access system
- Raise Loss Prevention Awareness and be proactive, continually seeking best practices in all aspects of loss prevention.
- Assist Security Officer in investigating disturbances such as bank robberies, alarm calls, unlawful intrusion, and property damage. Coordinate activities with law enforcement and emergency response during alarms and ensure proper follow through including criminal prosecution when applicable. Keeps Security Officer informed of all incidents.
- Responsible for reviewing security related reports.
- Assist in the development of procedures to manage, prevent, and recover: charge backs, charged off checking accounts, debit card fraud, check fraud, forgeries, counterfeit, employee theft and identity theft.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School graduate plus 2 year degree; 4 year degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years' experience in working in a bank or law enforcement environment preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years Loss Prevention experience.
- Experience of working in an environment requiring detail input and review.
- Requires a high level of general banking knowledge, including familiarity with branch and operations policy and procedures.
- Strong analytical, communications and decision-making skills.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret governmental regulations and regulatory guidance.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- PC proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel and knowledge of Database and Internet software.