Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
*ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ACCOUNTANT
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Requisition ID
About Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood is the flagship casino resort of Hard Rock International, owned by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. This world-renowned entertainment, gaming and hospitality destination unveiled a $1.5 billion expansion on Oct. 24, 2019. New offerings include 638 upscale guestrooms in the first-ever Guitar Hotel, 168 luxury guestrooms and unique swim-up suites in the adjacent Oasis Tower at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, and 465 newly redesigned guestrooms in Hard Rock Hotel for a combined room count of 1,271 throughout the resort. Additional amenities include the lush, “Bora Bora” style lagoon with private cabanas and butler service; a 42,000 square-foot Rock Spa® & Salon; a 13.5-acre recreational water experience for swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding; 19 dining outlets and 20 bars and lounges; an expansive gaming floor with 3,100 slots, 195 table games and a 45-table poker room; 120,000 square feet of premier meeting and convention space including a 38,000 square-foot, carpeted exhibition hall; and a 26,000 square-foot retail promenade. The highly anticipated Hard Rock Live entertainment venue with a 7,000-person capacity, will showcase A-list entertainers, comedy acts, Broadway performances, sporting events and live broadcast productions. The integrated resort is located on 87 acres of the Hollywood Seminole Reservation along State Road 7 (U.S. Highway 441), and is 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and 30 minutes from downtown Miami and Miami International Airport. For more information, visit us online at www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com, call 800-937-0010 or follow us: Facebook: SeminoleHardRockHollywood, Twitter: @HardRockHolly, Instagram: @HardRockHolly.
Under the direction of the Non-Gaming Revenue Verification Supervisor and Revenue Verification Manager, incumbent assists in the daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reconciliation and reporting of Hotel/F&B/Outlet Accounts Receivable. Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing journal entries and various accounting related tasks as assigned. Applies principles of accounting under the guidelines of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and in compliance with STOF regulations in all procedures.
Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reconciliation of all Hotel/Food and Beverage/Group Sales outlet Accounts receivable – to include Direct Billing of Group Sales invoicing, etc.…
- Responding to and tracking of chargebacks, balancing hotel ledgers, guest collections, journal entries, and external/internal guest assistance.
- Maintenance of Finance payment calendar/deposit schedules for notifications of future deposit payments for clients/groups.
- Tracking/reporting of onsite group spend for credit limits.
- Reconciliation/posting of Valet charges and other outlets as assigned.
- Provide additional support to the department as requested, with the expected ability and desire to gain progressive knowledge of on-property operations as well as other accounting departments within Revenue Verification.
- Works with the uniform chart of accounts using the guidelines of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Maintain knowledge of the STOF Gaming regulations as well as Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
- Demonstrate actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s Mission and Values of Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and Dedication.
- Ensure prompt and discreet notification to management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field and three (3) years experience in an Accounts Receivable role required or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hotel/Food and Beverage accounting experience strongly preferred. Must be proficient in Excel.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental and organizational regulations. Ability to write and develop reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to present information effectively, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply certain concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).