Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DUAL RATE FLOORPERSON/DEALER- POKER - FT
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Requisition ID
About Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood is the flagship casino resort of Hard Rock International, owned by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. This world-renowned entertainment, gaming and hospitality destination unveiled a $1.5 billion expansion on Oct. 24, 2019. New offerings include 638 upscale guestrooms in the first-ever Guitar Hotel, 168 luxury guestrooms and unique swim-up suites in the adjacent Oasis Tower at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, and 465 newly redesigned guestrooms in Hard Rock Hotel for a combined room count of 1,271 throughout the resort. Additional amenities include the lush, “Bora Bora” style lagoon with private cabanas and butler service; a 42,000 square-foot Rock Spa® & Salon; a 13.5-acre recreational water experience for swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding; 19 dining outlets and 20 bars and lounges; an expansive gaming floor with 3,100 slots, 195 table games and a 45-table poker room; 120,000 square feet of premier meeting and convention space including a 38,000 square-foot, carpeted exhibition hall; and a 26,000 square-foot retail promenade. The highly anticipated Hard Rock Live entertainment venue with a 7,000-person capacity, will showcase A-list entertainers, comedy acts, Broadway performances, sporting events and live broadcast productions. The integrated resort is located on 87 acres of the Hollywood Seminole Reservation along State Road 7 (U.S. Highway 441), and is 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and 30 minutes from downtown Miami and Miami International Airport. For more information, visit us online at www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com, call 800-937-0010 or follow us: Facebook: SeminoleHardRockHollywood, Twitter: @HardRockHolly, Instagram: @HardRockHolly.
Under the direction of the Director of Poker, the incumbent is responsible for the overall operation of the Poker Room ensuring game security and compliance with all procedures and policies. Duties include, but not limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must adhere to the Seminole Tribe's Policies and Procedures.
- Implements and ensures compliance with all department policies and procedures.
- Resolves customer disputes as appropriate.
- Issues customer complimentaries as appropriate.
- Oversees drop-box pick-ups.
- Supervises Poker Brush, as well as indirect supervision of all other Poker Shift Personnel.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of all shift personnel.
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required with a minimum of (4) years of poker room experience/training, or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
- If selected for this position, employee must be willing and available to change shift, days off and/or start time immediately upon effective date of employment/promotion.
- Must have ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals is required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public is also required.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume and apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).