Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Services Technician - Switchgear, Transformers
at Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
Job Reference #: 1116
- Will troubleshoot, test, repair, rebuild, service and/or install transformers.
- Might also work on low and medium voltage circuit breakers, motor soft starters and variable frequency drives and process oil on transformers.
- Perform installations, convert, and retrofits, interface wiring on conversion applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on industrial electrical equipment.
- Test and prepare job sites to complete orders.
- Perform testing; Megger, Ductor, resistance test and primary and secondary injection tests.
- Complete job sheets for all jobs with customer approval signature.
- The ability to maintain schedules adherence of job orders.
- Must have the ability to operate in a constant state of alertness, and safe manner.
- Travel to customer sites in and out of the state of FL.
- Respond to emergency calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three or more years’ of hands-on technical experience desired with a Technical degree preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of low and medium voltage circuit breakers, transformers and/or protective relays.
- Experience working on transformers, motor soft starters and variable frequency drives a plus.
- Prior experience working on industrial switchgear or industry related equipment.
- Previous experience working in a substation environment a plus.
- Oil processing a plus.
- Will be expected to certify at a minimum, NETA Level 2, within 6 months.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Must be available to travel to customer sites in and out of the state of FL. May be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record with the ability to obtain a DOT medical certification.
- Ability to operate cranes a plus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.