Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Power Systems General Manager
at Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
The General Manager will lead TAW’s Power Systems division, which has offices in FL, GA, LA, MS and AL. As manager of this strategic business unit, the GM will manage the day to day operations of the division, ensure customer and employee satisfaction, drive growth, and increase productivity and quality workmanship in line with TAW’s quality standards. Also, this position can be located in Tampa Bay or Ft Lauderdale/Miami area.
- Lead TAW’s distribution and generator field service business through 4-6 direct reports.
- Help manage TAW’s relationship with our largest vendor/partner, Kohler, for whom we distribute power generation equipment.
- Build TAW’s brand by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees.
- Hold P&L responsibility for the Power Systems business unit.
- Develop strategic plan for business unit by studying technological and financial opportunities and recommending objectives.
- Enhance organizational performance by:
- Recruiting and developing top talent and fostering an effective team environment.
- Setting and meeting goals.
- Communicating values, strategies, and objectives.
- Planning, monitoring, and evaluating job results.
- Developing incentives.
- Providing educational opportunities.
- Deliver profitable revenue growth across all segments of the business unit and meet operating plan requirements.
- Enforce ethical business practices and promote TAW’s core values, vision, and mission.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies.
- Ensure the alignment of policies, products, and development efforts with corporate strategies.
- Develop and track key performance goals or KPIs for Power Systems teams and direct reports.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities and relationship management.
- Participate in lead generation and business development.
- Identify new product and service opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing and sales plans to drive revenue growth.
- Oversee the activities of the sales force, generator field service team, and parts sales team through the leads of the respective management teams.
- Ensure that the division maintains a technical and capability advantage over competition.
- Stay up to date on industry and competitive trends.
- Participate in executive staff meetings, seminars and conferences; preside over business unit leadership and all hands meetings.
- Ten plus years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related industry.
- Experience leading or being a senior manager of an organization/entity with 100+ employees or direct reports.
- Experience working in or leading an industrial distribution business.
- Experience in heavy industrials, diversified industrials, distribution, manufacturing, or related industries preferred.
- Management experience in a geographically disbursed organization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in operations, sales, and technical fields.
- Exceptional people skills with experience managing and developing both business and technical leaders.
- Experience in process improvement and driving efficiencies.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, develop direct reports, influence, strategically solve problems, satisfy the needs of multiple stakeholders, manage conflict, and liaise with customers.
- Willingness to travel to the company’s Power Systems branches and customer sites, as well as occasional travel to other US locations to meet with partners and vendors.
- Located in or willing to relocate to the greater Tampa, Florida area or southeast Florida (greater Miami area).
- BA/BS from a four-year institution.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
For more information, please visit www.tawinc.com and our social media sites – see links on home page.