The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: South Bay Correctional & Rehabilitation Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maintenance Technicians, isn’t it time to find the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
We are a leader in our industry. We ensure our employees a stable career, competitive benefits and a diversified range of employment. With us, there’s no telling how far you’ll go. Now’s the time to start your journey!
Under general supervision as our Maintenance Technician, you will be performing general maintenance work with moderate latitude for exercising individual knowledge and technical skill. You will be surveying assigned jobs and ensuring that sufficient and proper materials and tools are on hand to complete work. In addition, you will be directing work, providing technical assistance and performing inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Performing preventive, corrective and emergency maintenance.
- Operating equipment and machinery related to assigned area.
- Performing carpentry work in repairing or replacing doors, windows, walls, flooring, roofing and any other work pertaining to wood structures.
- Performing plumbing, heating and air conditioning work in repairing furnaces, duct work, air conditioners, piping, instrument controls, wash basins, toilet facilities or any other related work requiring these skills.
- Performing electrical work in repairing and replacing fluorescent fixtures, control switches, disconnecting wiring or any other related work requiring these skills.
- Performing minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters and workbenches using precision hand tools and power tools.
- Performing mechanical work involving repair and maintenance of facility machinery, motors and vehicles.
- Maintaining records of repairs.
- Assisting in maintaining the security of assigned inmates.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
You must have knowledge of equipment necessary for making proper repairs, as well as the ability to react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation. It is also important that you have strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with both residents and staff. If this describes you, apply today!
Additional requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years general maintenance experience.
- Able to perform general plumbing, carpentry, mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Effectively communicates with residents and staff.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
You will be part of a stable, established and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities, as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Legal program – Legal Club of America
- Paid time off
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer