The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: 903 - OPERATIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for analyzing menus, inputting nutritional data, updating recipes and menus as well as completing special dietary requests. The Menu Analyst will assist the Corporate Manager of Food Service Menu Systems with all aspects related to companywide menu needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses nutritional science experience to assist in planning menus based on nutritional and regulatory requirements listed by clients to ensure contractual compliance.
- Develops and updates menus in the menu software system for each facility based on the nutritional parameters set forth by the client.
- Provides and maintains costing of recipes and menus via the menu management software program.
- Maintains the computerized menu management software database and provides additional support and training to the field.
- Inputs recipes into menu database system to ensure consistent end products in all facilities.
- Provides necessary menu documentation to facilities.
- Coordinates team projects and tasks; keeping manager informed of progress.
- Gathers nutrition facts labels and assesses accuracy of information from purchasing web site before entering it into the menu database.
- Works with Corporate Food Service Purchasing staff to assist in analyzing various food products to improved quality and potential savings.
- Collaborates with purchasing, culinary services and other departments for accuracy of ingredients entered in the menu database.
- Participates in menu design and reviews core menu development.
- Maintains knowledge of current practices and trends in the field of dietetics, food and nutrition.
- Performs duties of Mgr, Food Service Menu Systems/Dietitian in their absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certified Dietary Manager and/or Associate Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics Field Preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience working in Nutrition or Dietetics Field
- Experience creating and maintaining medical diets and menus.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Familiar working with spread sheets and basic computer programs. Knowledge in nutritional analysis programs a plus.
- Ability to work independently while meeting internal schedules and deadlines.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve the typical questions and issues that arise as a result of completing daily work activities.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills.
- Must be able to pass a required a background investigation, and security screening process.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, communication (both written and verbal), and interpersonal skills required.
- Must have the knowledge, and ability, to follow established company policy on confidential information.
- Ability to travel occasionally with some overnight stays.