Titan America LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shift Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
at Titan America LLC
Titan America, LLC has an immediate opening for a Shift Electrical & Instrumentation Technician for our Pennsuco Cement Division in Medley, FL. This wage non-exempt position is assigned to the Electrical Department and will report directly to the Shift Supervisor and indirectly to the Electrical Maintenance Supervisor. The Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians are responsible for all electrical/control and instrumentation systems of the Pennsuco Cement Plant.
- Follow all company and legislated rules and policies, safety and otherwise.
- Troubleshoot and repair of power and control systems.
- Install, troubleshoot & calibrate industrial instrumentation. Instrumentation includes, but not limited to pressure and temperature transmitters, weight-feeders, analog and digital indicators, electromechanical actuators and gas analyzers.
- Preventive maintenance of power, control and instrumentation systems.
- Inspect and identify possible problems on electrical equipment.
- Participate in installation and commissioning of electrical equipment.
- Preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of Medium and High Voltage distribution switchgear and electrical substation (230 kV, 13.8 kV and 4.16 kV).
- Installation, testing and starting of Medium Voltage and low voltage electrical motors.
- HV – Switch gears.
- MV - synchronous and induction motors
- LV - induction and DC motors.
- Extended hours, weekends & holidays as required by supervisor.
- Overtime and weekend work are required as needed.
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language.
- Ability to work and participate in a team environment.
- Able to understand and follow oral and written instructions sufficient to carry out work orders.
- Ability to read and interpret ladder logic diagrams, logic diagrams, process flow diagram, electrical schematics and equipment manuals.
- Solid knowledge of electrical theory.
- Skilled in use of basic electrical testing and measuring instruments.
- Able to use PCs running Windows operating system.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and related safety practices.
- Capable of working in confined spaces.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude.
- Develop strong customer relationships.
- Basic understanding of Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- High school graduate, supplemented by appropriate technical or vocational schooling, 10 years’ experience or 2 years electrical or electronic degree and 3 years’ equivalent work experience.
- MSHA surface electrical license a plus.
- Experience working with three-phase power, 480 VAC and higher.
- Basic troubleshooting and operation of PLCs and VFDs.
- Medium and High Voltage experience a PLUS.
- Previous E&I tech in manufacturing facility a PLUS.
- Must posses basic hand tools used in electrical trade.
Rotating Shifts (7:00am to 3:00pm), (3:00pm to 11:00pm), (11:00pm to 7:00am)
Success begins with hiring the right people to partner with us as we grow and develop our businesses. People are central to everything we do. It is through their efforts and talents that Titan has been successful for over 100 years. Learn more about us at www.titanamerica.com.
Titan America is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Three‐Year Recently Separated Veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, or other protected status.