Town of Davie Florida
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Town of Davie Florida
Under general supervision, performs technical work enforcing State and local building codes. Is responsible for reviewing building construction projects to determine adherence to such building codes as adopted and set forth by Town ordinance. Reports to Chief Structural Inspector.
- Minimum Training and Experience
- Graduation from High School; qualifications for Structural Inspector are as set forth in the Florida Building Code to be eligible for appointment as a Structural Inspector, such person shall be certified by the State of Florida, Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Board (BCAIB) as a Structural Inspector. (Exception; Florida Registered Architect's and Engineers are exempt from BCAIB certification only). Such person shall be certified by the Broward County Board of Rules and Appeals and shall meet one or more of the following qualifications:
- A Florida registered Architect or Structural Engineer having practiced for at least 3 years. Or five (5) years construction experience in the Structural discipline in a supervisory capacity.
- A graduate from an accredited school holding a Bachelor or Associate of Science Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Building Construction may be credited up to (3) years for a Bachelor or (1) year for an Associate Degree toward the required (5) years construction experience.
- Each applicant shall possess a current Certificate of Competency as a General Contractor (Unlimited) issued by Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board.
- Broward County Central Examiners Board (as a Class "A" Unlimited General Contractor) or Dade County Construction Trades Qualifying Board Block Proctored issued on or after January 1, 1968.
- A Florida Registered Architect or Professional Engineer.
- Please refer to FBC 104.16.3 for additional information.
- Special Requirements
- Possession of a valid Class "E" Florida driver's license.
If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will be required to obtain and submit your lifetime driving history.