Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Law Enforcement Transcription - 100% Remote
at Transcription Express
- Your home officeJacksonville, FL
- Your home officeKey West, FL
- Your home officeKissimmee, FL
- Your home officeMiami Beach, FL
- Your home officeMiami, FL
- Your home officeNaples, FL
- Your home officeOcala, FL
- Your home officeOrlando, FL
- Your home officePanama City Beach, FL
- Your home officePanama City, FL
Who are we?
Net Transcripts, a VIQ company, specializes in strict verbatim transcription of criminal investigations, internal affairs, witness statements/confessions, child and adult protective services, 911 calls/dispatch communications, and inmate jail calls/visitation recordings. In business since 1988, Net Transcripts has grown to be the leading provider of confidential transcription services to Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice agencies nationwide.
Contractors are not held to a set schedule and individuals who would like to process our orders full-time, part-time, or as overflow are welcome.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have experience with transcription, court reporting or stenography and have demonstrated the ability to accurately type law enforcement/court recordings such as interrogations, body cams, jail calls, 911 calls, court proceedings and the like.
This is a remote opportunity and you will be processing orders from your home office.
There is an initial assessment period before any vendor is able to complete client work. Therefore, it is essential that you have a good attention to detail and are able to proof your transcripts to be at least 98% accurate. In addition:
- You must be a US Citizen
- You must be able to pass a full criminal background check.
- You must have prior multi-speaker transcription experience relating to the types of audios that we process.
- You must type 80 words per minute and be proficient with MS Word.
- You must have excellent grammar/proofreading skills and be able to apply our formatting and specifications to each transcript.
- You must be able to proficiently use Search Engines, a Web browser and email.
A computer or laptop with a high-speed internet connection running a supported version of Windows or of Mac’s operating system.
A foot pedal (preferably Infinity USB-2), Transcription Software, and good headphones. These are not required to apply, but will be needed prior to beginning the assessment.
Submit your application through the “Apply here” link at the bottom of the page.
If you qualify, you will receive detailed information on this opportunity including rates, the assessment process and how to proceed. There is an assessment process where you will need to demonstrate your ability to produce a client-ready transcript that adheres to our specifications.
Once activated for live orders, you will have access to our order queue where you can choose orders based on your availability. You will be able to see the length, rate, and deadline of each order so that you can decide what best fits into your schedule. We are extremely busy and have a variety of orders to choose from, ranging from a couple minutes to a couple hours. Turnaround times range from same day to 5 business days, with the majority of the orders having a 3 business day turnaround. Whether you want to type part-time, full-time, some of the time, or ALL of the time, we have more than enough work to go around!