Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT
at Ultimate Software
The Senior Inventory / Cost Accountant will be responsible for performing inventory analysis and maintaining financial reports, records and general ledgers. Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of inventory accounting, including transitioning the process to a new ERP, variance analysis, performing related account reconciliations and process improvements. Partner with various personnel across the organization involved in the supply chain cycle to implement best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop inventory analysis reports and analyze variances
- Diagnose the cause of inventory variances; plan, document and implement solutions to address overall variances
- Responsible Gross Margin and Variance analysis
- Perform monthly accounting activities, including the preparation of monthly journal entries, reconciling the inventory and cost of goods sold accounts to the general ledger
- Actively work with the Accounting Manager and accounting staff to develop and operate standard period-end closing schedules and procedures
- Assist with the execution and/or supervision of inventory existence procedures (wall-to-wall physical inventories); investigate variances and resolve issues
- Assist with the preparation of schedules and/or reports required by external auditors in connection with the audit of the annual financial statements
- Review, analyze and update current costing practices within the Company
- Other duties to be assigned
Education / Certification / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- A minimum of six years' experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant
- Public accounting experience preferred
Required Qualifications / Skills
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory
- ERP experience required, strong preference for Microsoft Dynamics
- Ability to problem solve and take ownership of work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong work ethic and initiative with a positive attitude
- Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.